Author Topic: Caputo Flour in the SF Bay Area  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
Caputo Flour in the SF Bay Area
« on: September 11, 2010, 01:13:51 AM »
This is pretty much for the members on here who live in the BA and who are searching for reasonably priced Caputo "Chef's Flour".

I noticed Mollie Stone's stopped carrying it. I don't know if that was good or bad since it was the only place I knew that carried it, except for maybe Lunardi's.

Anyway, Mollie Stone's sold it for almost six bucks per 1kg/2.2lb bag. Overpriced. Big time.

I found out yesterday that "Golden Produce" on Church & Market has it stocked now. At a whopping $2.89 for a 2.2 lb bag. That's a great deal. PennMac.com sells it for $3.09 plus shipping.

Pick a bag up if you're in that area. And for the folks from the East Bay, it's still cheaper to drive to SF than order it online.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 01:16:05 AM by Essen1 »
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline jpc

Re: Caputo Flour in the SF Bay Area
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 02:22:43 PM »
This is pretty much for the members on here who live in the BA and who are searching for reasonably priced Caputo "Chef's Flour".

I noticed Mollie Stone's stopped carrying it. I don't know if that was good or bad since it was the only place I knew that carried it, except for maybe Lunardi's.

Anyway, Mollie Stone's sold it for almost six bucks per 1kg/2.2lb bag. Overpriced. Big time.

I found out yesterday that "Golden Produce" on Church & Market has it stocked now. At a whopping $2.89 for a 2.2 lb bag. That's a great deal. PennMac.com sells it for $3.09 plus shipping.

Pick a bag up if you're in that area. And for the folks from the East Bay, it's still cheaper to drive to SF than order it online.

FWIW, it can also be found at Draeger's in Los Altos.  I don't recall the price, but it wasn't cheap.

Offline giotto

• Italy has DOC, we have NY standards.
Re: Caputo Flour in the SF Bay Area
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 02:25:38 AM »
Whole Foods in Cupertino is now carrying the 2.2 lb bags for $3.19. You'll make up for any costs with their Smoke House taste tests, and their Weltenburger dunkel beer.