Author Topic: Quick newbie sauce  (Read 794 times)

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Quick newbie sauce
« on: August 19, 2010, 01:15:34 AM »
Let me say that I can appreciate everyones own favorite taste profile in a sauce.  My hat is off to the diehard fresh/steamed/organic/San Marizano non intensive sauce.  I however prefer a hearty, overprocessed thick sauce with some type of "bite" whether it be citrus/vinegar or heat.  My good neighbor turned me on to such a store bought sauce and I hope you all can find some to try.

I was super excited when the warden returned from the super grocery with a jar of the afore mentioned type of sauce.  My brain nearly stopped functioning when I read the ingredients to myself.  "Tomatoes, water, concentrated crushed tomatoes, sugar, salt, evoo, garlic, oregano, citric acid, spices, dehydrated garlic"  I quickly opened the jar and passed it under the nose.  Hmm, a light spaghetti sauce smell.  Very disappointed, I reluctantly used the sauce on another dough project I am working on. :'(

Katy bar the door, this is the stuff all good pizza's should be sauced with in my house.  Heavy tomato flavor, perfectly spiced and I can't say enough good things about it.  Please try it for yourself and see if you enjoy it as much as I do. :chef:

Yes, store brand marinara pasta sauce. ;D
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Online Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: Quick newbie sauce
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:06:44 AM »
I have had that sauce, not on pizza but as the base for spaghetti, it is good.

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Quick newbie sauce
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 02:51:48 AM »
HEB won't put anything under the HEB brand unless and until it goes up against the perceived national brand leader and beats it in consumer panels.

HEB brand products, unlike many store brands, are generally very good quality.

Craig
Pizza is not bread.