Author Topic: pizza throw down with bobby flay  (Read 4154 times)

Offline fcbuilder

pizza throw down with bobby flay
« on: August 25, 2010, 12:33:03 PM »
I was watching bobby flay's throw down the other day and before he went to throw down with his opponent he seeked help from a pizza man. he made a pizza for him in his wood fired oven that looked fantastic , so i gave it a try in my wfo.the pizza went like this ,shape your skin to a 12inch round pizza ,then dock the skin with a pizza docker.put the pizza in the oven with nothing on top and par bake it for about a minute(i am cooking at 800degree deck temp.)pull it out ,let it cool for a minute then with a serrated bread knife cut it in half and spread softened robiolo cheese on the pizza and sparingly some fresh mozz. put the top of the pizza back on and bake until cheese melts or desired color. as soon as you pull it out of the oven drizzle some truffle oil on top and serve. it was absolutely delicious .If you have not tried it you must!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:00:50 PM by fcbuilder »

Offline Matthew

Re: pizza throw down with bobby flay
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 04:11:14 PM »
I was watching bobby flay's throw down the other day and before he went to throw down with his opponent he seeked help from a pizza man. he made a pizza for him in his wood fired oven that looked fantastic , so i gave it a try in my wfo.the pizza went like this ,shape your skin to a 12inch round pizza ,then dock the skin with a pizza docker.put the pizza in the oven with nothing on top and par bake it for about a minute(i am cooking at 800degree deck temp.)pull it out ,let it cool for a minute then with a serrated bread knife cut it in half and spread softened robiola cheese on the pizza and sparingly some fresh mozz. put the top of the pizza back on and bake until cheese melts or desired color. as soon as you pull it out of the oven drizzle some truffle oil on top and serve. it was absolutely delicious .If you have not tried it you must!!

Frankie,
Welcome back buddy.   I'll give it a shot on Saturday.

Matt

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 04:15:03 PM »
That sounds good.  Like a pizza sandwich. So did Bobby win?

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 04:51:42 PM »
sounds like a panuozzo... right ?
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Offline fcbuilder

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 07:51:27 PM »
the other guy won but bobby was using another pizza for his entry. Matt how's it going, i have not been on the forum that often but have been having lots of fun with all the pizza party's!! tell me what you think of the pizza when you make it.

Offline fcbuilder

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 07:53:07 PM »
That sounds good.  Like a pizza sandwich. So did Bobby win?
yes  it was thin and crispy!

Offline fcbuilder

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 07:54:08 PM »
sounds like a panuozzo... right ?
i dont know what panuozzo is sorry.

buceriasdon

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »
The panuozzo is a traditional dish of the region Campania , in the province of Naples. 

It's a sandwich created by cooking dough for pizza , which takes place in two phases. The first part of cooking is very short and serves to make the dough hard enough to be sliced in two and stuffed, while the second part is the cooking of the entire preparation, including ingredients that are raw.  As for the filling, it is similar to that of the pizzas in the sense that the ingredients may vary widely depending on your taste.
I'll try anything twice, Don

i dont know what panuozzo is sorry.

Offline fcbuilder

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 11:21:16 PM »
The panuozzo is a traditional dish of the region Campania , in the province of Naples. 

It's a sandwich created by cooking dough for pizza , which takes place in two phases. The first part of cooking is very short and serves to make the dough hard enough to be sliced in two and stuffed, while the second part is the cooking of the entire preparation, including ingredients that are raw.  As for the filling, it is similar to that of the pizzas in the sense that the ingredients may vary widely depending on your taste.
I'll try anything twice, Don

great description ,that is probably what this is.

Offline GuzziJason

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »
I had a dessert pizza at Osteria here in Philly once that was something like this, but sweet. They sandwiched a layer of Nutella in between the crust layers, and then dusted the top with powdered sugar. A-maz-ing!

__Jason

pizzapan