Author Topic: dry cured pepperoni  (Read 1937 times)

Offline tdeane

• Pizzeria Barbarella
dry cured pepperoni
« on: August 11, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
I just can't keep up with making my own pepperoni anymore. Does anyone know where i can get good dry cured pepperoni in Canada? It's strange that it's so hard to find a decent version of the world's most popular pizza topping.

brayshaw

Re: dry cured pepperoni
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 03:08:01 PM »
Haven't a clue Terry.....but glad to hear you are so busy!
Maybe not the reply you hoped for. Lol
Paul

Offline Scot

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 11:28:15 PM »
I just can't keep up with making my own pepperoni anymore. Does anyone know where i can get good dry cured pepperoni in Canada? It's strange that it's so hard to find a decent version of the world's most popular pizza topping.
I was just about to start a thread on this very topic. I am originally from new jersey I have been living in Alberta for almost five years. Two things I can't find up here in Canada  first is good pizza second is real pepperoni. I've been to Italian markets, all kinds of deli's and tried contacting Hormel Canada and nothing. I guess I am doomed to the crap they call pepperoni. What is known as pepperoni in Canada is more like a bologna with some spices and who know's what mixed in. (disgusting)

Can you give your recipe and a tutorial on how to make your dry cured pepperoni?

Offline shango

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 12:49:27 PM »
See if one of your local distributors can get you Molinari Pepperoni.  They are a San Francisco based company, over 100 years old, and make great pepperoni.
pizza, pizza, pizza