Author Topic: how do these guys do it??  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Bobby Martino

• Supporting Member
Re: how do these guys do it??
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 04:19:12 PM »
Great to see you going for it!!  62% should be fine but work fast so they don't stick to your marble.  My computer/camera has been down all summer...really sucked but got it running again hopefully it will work  well again.  We are still outside if you want to take a look at my outdoor kitchen.  I should be online soon!....  don't let the imperfections bother you they are supposed to have them

robert

Offline roberto60

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 02:46:32 AM »
Hi  i am roberto from keste  i am very proud of you larry amazing job 
i use fresh yeast
i never training robert from a pizza  in monclear
i will list all person  that i did training in this years  roberto   
go larry go

Offline Matthew

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2010, 05:31:51 PM »
john, i am at 13 inches centered on the 70 so you are right on. your pizzas look great so i would leave your set up alone. you finished oven shape is flatter than mine so you must have a different design .

Larry
I'm considering raising the floor height in my oven as well.  What did you use to round off the bricks  so that they fit the perimeter of the interior of the oven?

Matt

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2010, 01:48:23 AM »
matt, i had a friend cut the brick, i will find out what tool he used. i gave him enough brick to cut a 28 inch circle . he cut and marked the brick , i put it together like a pizza making puzzle.

Offline kiwipete

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2010, 07:08:35 PM »
When I built my oven, I used a cheap mitre saw with a diamond blade, but if you have a bit of patience an angle grinder will work too...

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 10:08:46 PM »
@zaman.....those look good. A little vertigo looking at the sideways shots, but I'd definitely hit it all the same!  :D
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2010, 02:32:35 AM »
When I built my oven, I used a cheap mitre saw with a diamond blade, but if you have a bit of patience an angle grinder will work too...

or you can cut them like a man and use a chisel and hammer   :pizza:  :pizza:
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2010, 09:42:39 AM »
last weekend the weather was good so i put wood pizza on the menu board. i used my new mixer sp5 spiral mixer that member matt raved about. i maxed  it out at 5 kg of dough. which gave me 20 dough balls. i was busy so the dough was bulk risen 5 hours balled and use after three hours additional rise. the dough had amazing oven spring the base was a little thicker than normal so i will have to work on the thickness. the flavor of room temperature dough is defiantly different more like a bread and not as flavorful as 24/48 hour cold ferment.i was able to sell through my 20 pizzas in 2 hours. this weekend i will bulk rise two hour and ball rise 5 to 6 to see if that changes the texture and thickness. i really like the sp5 spiral mixer, i sold off a santos to purchase it. the santos was a good mixer but i didn't have time to watch over to make sure the bowl was spinning.

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »
Amazing looking pies! Is this a cake yeast dough? I don't know what percentage you are using, but try for a 12 hour total room temp ferment for more flavor.

John

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2010, 01:54:03 PM »
thanks john, i used 5 grams of fresh yeast for 3000 grams of flour. i'll try for 10 hours this week 7:am mixing  cooking at 5:pm. i don't think i can get to work to much before 7:am

pizzapan