Author Topic: Need some advise  (Read 856 times)

Offline THECHITT

• I Love Pizza!
Need some advise
« on: September 14, 2010, 09:22:25 AM »
Hello,
   ok first to fill you in, then i'll let you know what im looking for. I own a very successful family restaurant in northern ny. About 2 years ago i purchased a Lincoln conveyor pizza oven, and tried selling pizza. Well, it has completely gone in the tubes. Besides not having the right help, we just were not putting out a good product. 1st off, we use a frozen premade crust.

I would love to make my own pizza dough, but for 1 i dont have a recipe to use, and we dont sell enough pizza to warrant making dough. My sauce has always been a problem too. Canned sauce...yuk. I have recently been introduced to Don Pepino pizza sauce, but seems to me, it still lacks the flavor im looking for. All the toppings I use, are top good toppings, so Im good there.

I really feel that i could sell alot of pizza if I basically started over from scratch.....................SO THATS WERE YALL COME IN.

Can anybody give me some good honest advice into which direction i should move in ?

for example: How do i spice up don pepino sauce to help the flavor,

A recipe for a decent homemade crust . Im looking for a crust similar to id say a dominos type crust, but better *_*

any advice would greatly be appreciated. I am financially able to try anything at this point.

Thank You

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
Re: Need some advise
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 09:39:58 AM »
I do not own a restaurant, but your last statement intrigued me. If you have the the capital resources, then it seems obvious you might consider hiring a consultant to develop a dough recipe for your specific infrastructure, and sauce to go on it. This is not a knock on you, but if you feel you do not have the skill set to figure out a sauce flavor profile on your own, and you own a successful restaurant with money to make things happen, hire someone to do it for you. This seems to me the best use of your own time from a business standpoint. You may also want to explore options in the Think Tank over at PMQ.

John

parallei

Re: Need some advise
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 02:33:20 PM »
I don't own a resturant either.  However, if you do a few seaches on this forum you can find all the information you'll need.  Use the Search function for "norma427" and check out the threads that discuss her effort to develop a dough for her commercial endevor. Use the sites's Search funtion for "domino's", I bet you'll find alot of info.  There is a ton of information here you have the time to look for it.  The PQM site that dellavecchia mentioned is a great idea.

Even if you were to pay a consultant, it would make alot of sense to do some reading on this site and PQM first.  It would probably inspire you to do it all yourself!  If you have the time and enjoy experimenting, it would be great fun.....