Author Topic: Antico Molino Caputo "00" Flour Available in Portland or Seattle?  (Read 8463 times)

Offline rice22358

• I Love Pizza!
I live in Portland but travel to Seattle often on business.  I know I can get this flour from Forno Bravo but I'd prefer to skip the shipping costs.  Does anyone know where I can buy this flour locally? 

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Antico Molino Caputo "00" Flour Available in Portland or Seattle?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 12:55:30 PM »
rice22358,

I checked the Caputo distributors list and see Merlino Foods is a distributor in your area: http://fornobravo.com/brick_oven_cooking/pizza_ingredients/caputo_distributors.html. Not all distributors will sell to individuals on a cash-and-carry basis, but it is worth a call to Merlino. If they won't sell to you directly, you might ask them who in the area is a customer from whom you might be able to purchase the Caputo 00. It might be a pizza establishment or a reseller of some sort. When I call, I have found it useful--and successful in most cases--to tell them that I am a fanatic about pizza making and am desperate to find a source of flour at a reasonable price. They seem to respond favorably to that plea and try to be more helpful.

You didn't indicate which Caputo 00 flour you are looking for. You can double check on this but I believe that Forno Bravo sells only the Caputo Extra 00, which is a fairly recent Caputo product in the U.S. market. The Extra can be used to make pizza dough, but most of our members up to this point have been using the Pizzeria 00 flour.

Good luck. If you succeed in finding a source of the flour locally, please let us know since other members may benefit from your experience.

Peter

Offline Pigslips

• "Dominus Vobiscum"
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 05:31:28 PM »
DeLaurenti Specialty Food & Wine in Pike Place has Caputo 00 2.2 pound bags for $4.99.
In Portland,  Martinottis' Cafe and Deli, 404 SW 10th Ave, Portland, OR 97205, has Italbrand Superfine 00 Wheat Flour in 500 grams (17.6 ounces) bags for $3.75.

“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

Offline kross

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »
In Seattle, Big John's Pacific Food Importers has Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour for about $1/pound, as much or as little as you want.  They also have 55 lb. bags, but I didn't ask how much they are.  They also have the full line of Stanislaus tomato products, and several DOP San Marzano brands.

Offline Pigslips

• "Dominus Vobiscum"
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 07:36:25 PM »
In Seattle, Big John's Pacific Food Importers has Caputo 00 Pizzeria flour for about $1/pound, as much or as little as you want.  They also have 55 lb. bags, but I didn't ask how much they are.  They also have the full line of Stanislaus tomato products, and several DOP San Marzano brands.

Great news, I need to go!
Thanks.............. :pizza:
“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

Offline Pigslips

• "Dominus Vobiscum"
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 11:57:12 AM »
I live in Portland but travel to Seattle often on business.  I know I can get this flour from Forno Bravo but I'd prefer to skip the shipping costs.  Does anyone know where I can buy this flour locally? 

I found "00" Caputo chefs flour in the red bag at Pastaworks, 3735 Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard
Portland, OR 97214-5145, (503) 232-1010  &  Zupans, 7221 Sw Macadam Ave 503.244.5666.

Offline kross

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 01:39:24 PM »
They also have 55 lb. bags, but I didn't ask how much they are.

I bought a 55 lb. bag today, it was $38.50.  Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Edit: remembered the price wrong
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 06:46:26 PM by kross »

Offline Pigslips

• "Dominus Vobiscum"
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 01:19:22 PM »
I found "00" Caputo chefs flour in the red bag at Pastaworks, 3735 Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard
Portland, OR 97214-5145, City Market, 735 NW 21st Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97210, 503.221.3002
(503) 232-1010  &  Zupans, 7221 Sw Macadam Ave 503.244.5666.

Offline R2-Bayou

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
Just got the buyer at Pastaworks in Portland to order me a 55 lb bag of Caputo for $64.25. Way better deal than ordering from Forno Bravo at $55 plus shipping (an extra $34.75 to Portland)...
"Wretched excess is just barely enough."

Offline Pigslips

• "Dominus Vobiscum"
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 02:46:10 PM »
Bags were $38.50, works out to .69 per pound.

I'll be going back to Seattle at the end of September if anyone is interested in buying a 55lb bag.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:06:56 AM by Pigslips »

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 11:35:00 PM »
I would definately love to buy a bag, Pigslips.

Ponzu