Author Topic: Cibo in Portland, Oregon  (Read 2355 times)

Offline R2-Bayou

Cibo in Portland, Oregon
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:58:25 PM »
Tryed Cibo last night in Portland. It was their second night of service. Still working out the service kinks but the food was good. Had a peperoni pizza with house cured peperoni served as crumbles on the pizza, not slices. The pie's are served uncut on a wooden plank, which kinda has a weird feel when you cut it because its hard to tell when the crust ends and when the wood begins. I really need another sitting to truly review the pizza (all that socializing really gets in the way of my review!). They also had a good looking stromboli that some friends got. We additionally ordered a mixed salad and salt baked Atlantic Cod.

No pictures this time but I'll update the thread the next time I visit. The real interesting point of this space is the oven. A big imported oven that is both wood and gas fired simultaneously, and it has a ROTATING mason floor. Very different from anything I've ever seen.

No restaraunt website, but here's a link http://pdx.eater.com/archives/2012/06/26/inside-marco-frattarolis-cibo-firing-up-early-next-week.php
"Wretched excess is just barely enough."

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Cibo in Portland, Oregon
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:59:10 PM »
Coool more on the oven pleasePavesi makes a rotaing floor oven supposedly great for production.
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 09:54:12 AM »
I've been thinking about painting mine, and this makes me think I should take the time to do it.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline RobynB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »
Four Grand-Mere also makes a rotating floor commercial oven, but the referenced article says it's a "Liguria oven".  I'm not familiar with that maker.

I have GOT to get back to Portland soon!

Offline Gianni5

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 10:09:22 PM »
I think the oven is called Morello Forni.  I'm not sure but judging by the pictures on their website they look really similar.

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:31:08 PM »
I think the oven is called Morello Forni.  I'm not sure but judging by the pictures on their website they look really similar.

yep - looks if not identical, from the same company.  I'd be interested in hearing what the pizza is like.  Interesting concept.

I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.