Author Topic: New To Forum  (Read 1061 times)

Offline richlife

New To Forum
« on: September 16, 2010, 01:48:02 AM »
Ok, hi!  I'm new here though a few of you may have met me at fora about grilling or woodworking.  And, yes, these are compatible -- for me, wood for smoking in my grill are easy to come by.   :-D

Mostly, I'm looking to learn how to make a good crispy cracker crust as soon as I can.  I like many kinds of pizza (toppings of import:  pepperoni and jalapeno -- all else are extras).  The "good crispy cracker crust" has been something my wife and I have pursued for years without personal success.  I haven't really started yet, but I'm about to plunge into this forum and do some serious exploration.   :chef:

What kind of commercial pizza do we like?  Well, you may want to throw us out, but Pizza Inn and Pizza Hut are our favorites.  The spicy sauce (extra sauce!) is the key along with the thin, crispy crust.  We like it best when the crust is more like a cracker. 

How do I fix my pizzas at home?  My wife still likes the aluminum pizza sheet in the oven, but this year I finally found a GOOD use for our 30-year-old pizza stone.  Over all this time, it has ruined one pizza after another when used in our oven.  But this past Spring I got a Weber Genesis LP grill and found that ANY pizza cooked on the grill with this pizza stone is just head and shoulders better than anything else I've found or made.  So now I'm in search of my own "perfect pizza" and I want to start with the crust.

Rich

Offline Vindii

Re: New To Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 01:00:27 PM »
Ok, hi!  I'm new here though a few of you may have met me at fora about grilling or woodworking.  And, yes, these are compatible -- for me, wood for smoking in my grill are easy to come by.   :-D

Mostly, I'm looking to learn how to make a good crispy cracker crust as soon as I can.  I like many kinds of pizza (toppings of import:  pepperoni and jalapeno -- all else are extras).  The "good crispy cracker crust" has been something my wife and I have pursued for years without personal success.  I haven't really started yet, but I'm about to plunge into this forum and do some serious exploration.   :chef:

What kind of commercial pizza do we like?  Well, you may want to throw us out, but Pizza Inn and Pizza Hut are our favorites.  The spicy sauce (extra sauce!) is the key along with the thin, crispy crust.  We like it best when the crust is more like a cracker. 

How do I fix my pizzas at home?  My wife still likes the aluminum pizza sheet in the oven, but this year I finally found a GOOD use for our 30-year-old pizza stone.  Over all this time, it has ruined one pizza after another when used in our oven.  But this past Spring I got a Weber Genesis LP grill and found that ANY pizza cooked on the grill with this pizza stone is just head and shoulders better than anything else I've found or made.  So now I'm in search of my own "perfect pizza" and I want to start with the crust.

Rich

Hello Rich.  Good to see ya here.

buceriasdon

Re: New To Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:16:59 PM »
Hello, Lots of info on this thread about cracker style crust:   http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5762.0.html
Don

pizzapan