Author Topic: Stuffed Pizza Pics....  (Read 1125 times)

Offline RobDude

Stuffed Pizza Pics....
« on: September 24, 2010, 12:50:55 PM »
This was my third attempt; the first two were pretty bad - but I couldn't stop eating this one.

The recipe is not my own - but here is what I used for my 12" slopped pizza pan.

Baker's PercentAmount - In GramsIngredient
100.00%550KAAP
41.47%226.44Water
16.60%91.3Corn Oil
2.00%11.0Salt
1.56%8.58ADY

I used 65% of the dough on the bottom - 35% on the top.

Stuffed with 9oz Mozz/4.5oz Prov, sausage, and pepperoni.

Cooked for 15 minutes without the sauce, then rotated, added sauce, cooked another 15. 

Thanks to everyone who worked on the Girodano's Stuffed recipe; I haven't had a decent stuffed pizza in way too long.  This weekend I'm going to see if I can get the signature crust-edge Girodano's has and tweak the bake time a bit.  And add more stuffing :)

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Stuffed Pizza Pics....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:43:01 PM »
Dude....Rob, I mean Rob Dude, that pie looks delicious.  :chef:  Nice work.  I need to make another Chicago deep dish soon. 

Offline BTB

Re: Stuffed Pizza Pics....
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:06:40 AM »
RD, very nice job.  I think your recipe proportions are just about right as their baked crust is somewhat dry.  Suggest maybe even lowering the amount of oil a bit and experimenting with other oils.  Your second picture does not show any slits or tears in the top dough.  Giordano's puts from 4 to 6 slits in the top dough level to help steam or whatnot escape from the interior, I guess. See my second picture with the slits that I witnessed at a Giordano's restaurant at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8361.msg72201.html#msg72201  .

I like your idea of not adding the sauce on top until half way through the cooking period as often times I've experienced stuffed pizzas at Giordano's and other places with relatively dry sauce on top.  You may want to experiment with cooking for 5 to 10 minutes longer as all ovens are different.  Enjoy and things will just get better.                                                                 --BTB
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 11:13:36 AM by BTB »

pizzapan