Author Topic: Yippee; Now, I can die a happy man...  (Read 603 times)

Offline wizziebaldwin

Yippee; Now, I can die a happy man...
« on: September 20, 2010, 04:07:57 AM »
SUCCESS

I finally got a decent Pizza Crust. Still working on my not so wonderful sauce that has that lick-smacking I want more of this taste, but I did get a crust, after many failures, that was just near perfect (at least for me)

I don't have a digital camera so I searched this forum and found a crust that is similar.
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10734.0;attach=20963;image

It was light, airy; it had a crispy bottom with a tender, chewy moist interior. I was impressed and takes A LOT to impress me.

I am my own worst critic, but this was exceptional.

Now that being said, it was probably a fluke, as I probably will not be able to reproduce that exact methodology. I did much of it by feel and did many things that were unconventional with respect to what I have read.

But, hey, who cares right? I can now say at least once in my life (so far) I made a fantastic crust.

Now, I have to figure out the sauce.

Where I am in Mexico it's pretty dismal with ingredients; so I have to figure out how to get something working with the local (crappy) fresh tomatoes or the small selection of (really crappy) canned products.

EDIT:
I forgot the most important part. Thanks for all of the help and advice and knowledge that is shared here on this forum.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:21:30 AM by wizziebaldwin »