Author Topic: Videos of preferment Lehmann dough to compare to scott rís dough  (Read 2309 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Videos of preferment Lehmann dough to compare to scott rís dough
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 08:18:12 PM »
Norma
I think Chau's last response above is exactly right!!!  If Lehmann is correct, than there must be a window of dough development stages where one will notice changes in the final product...and so it ends up being up to the wants of the baker, in accomplishing what he/she thinks is ideal.  I'm just wondering how dramatic the changes would really be??  Let's experiment some more Norma!!!

John

John,

I agree with you on Chauís response.  I am all in for experiments.  What do you propose we experiment with and how should we go about the mixing experiments.  I had experimented with my preferment Lehmann dough and different mix times and also reballs, and didnít like those results, so I just went back to my old way of mixing and not reballing.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 03:09:01 AM »
John,

I agree with you on Chauís response.  I am all in for experiments.  What do you propose we experiment with and how should we go about the mixing experiments.  I had experimented with my preferment Lehmann dough and different mix times and also reballs, and didnít like those results, so I just went back to my old way of mixing and not reballing.

Norma

Norma
Although I meant experimenting half in jest...the truth is:  my life is an experiment...that's what I do and love and if I ever have a breakthrough you will know!!

John

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 08:02:47 AM »
Norma
Although I meant experimenting half in jest...the truth is:  my life is an experiment...that's what I do and love and if I ever have a breakthrough you will know!!

John

John,

Since I have learned to make pizza, my life is just one experiment after another too.  :-D I did experiment with different things in the past, but dough is more interesting. 

I have seen all the experiments you have done on the Reinhart doughs.  Keep up the good work.  I also look forward to what you find out from your experiments. 

I think, but donít know, each time there is another variable introduced with dough, there are changes.  Type of flour, protein content, yeast, hydration, other ingredients, temperatures, cold or warm ferment or a combination of both, etc. etc. can all make changes to dough.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

pizzapan