Author Topic: Looking for a place to order Full Red pizza sauce  (Read 5823 times)

Offline jlsheetz

Looking for a place to order Full Red pizza sauce
« on: September 21, 2010, 05:39:09 PM »
Hello to all, new guy here,
I am at wit's end trying to locate Full Red pizza sauce. Just the basic sauce, not the fully prepared or the sauce with basil. This is also known as Concentrated Crushed. There is a chain of pizza places (Luca's) that uses this vey basic sauce, but I cannot find it anywhere. No one local carries it (in Indiana), Penn Mac does not carry it, and Stanislaus recommended two places to order it from, but those places didn't even carry it. The UPC is 01251.
Does anyone know where I can order this over the internet? I have my stone, hot oven, mixer, Caputo flour and my peels, but I am at a complete standstill. Anyone out there help a frustrated pizza maker out?
Thank you all ahead of time.
Jim

Offline Mick.Chicago

• Squish.

Offline jlsheetz

Re: Looking for a place to order Full Red pizza sauce
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »
No mick, that's the fully prepared stuff. I am looking for just the basic sauce, but Stanislaus is so absolutely unhelpful that I am thinking of using some other brand. They are crap when it comes to customer service. I have heard that Bella Rossa might have a similar sauce. Even if it is the wrong stuff, I thank you for the help.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:08:59 PM »
Jim,

There is a cross reference chart at http://www.pizzamaking.com/escalon_stanislaus.html that might help you find an Escalon substitute for the Stanislaus Red 01251. The chart has been around for some time so I can't vouch for its accuracy or currency.

I am surprised by your comments on the way that Stanislaus has treated you on this matter. From just about everything I have read about Stanislaus, they are known for their high quality of service. Most pizza operators treat them as gods. Before looking for an Escalon substitute, you might want to register and pose your questions on the Stanislaus 01251 at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/. There are legions of pizza operators on that forum who are users of Stanislaus products. You should tell them where you are located so that they limit their comments to your geography.

Good luck. If you get an answer, please report back to the forum on what you learn.

Peter

Offline jlsheetz

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 10:43:27 PM »
Peter,
They did give me the names of 2 distributors, but neither of the distributoors carried the sauce I needed. I calles Stanislaus back, and they said they couldn't help me, but offered to send me a nice poster. How lame. Perhaps the pizza operators think a lot of them, but an individual such as myself evidently doesn't mean squat to them. Thee help they gave was minimal, and I was literally spending hours on the phone and internet trying to find their sauce. It's a little hard to be a die hard Stanislaus fan now. I do appreciate your help, though.

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 06:06:05 AM »
Escalon has always given me good service. They ship there products from Pennsylvania. Escalon is a division of Heinz Foods.

Offline Ajstro

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 07:25:02 AM »
I was looking on the website that Mick.Chicago gave you and I found another full red sauce the website offers.  Is this the basic sauce you were looking for?  I can't send the link because I'm a new member, but its the gourmetitalian website back slash full-red-pizza-p backslash 11445.htm
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 08:38:36 AM by Ajstro »

Offline Pi-eyed

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 09:34:52 PM »
Hey, back a few years ago my dad bought Full Red in Warsaw Indiana at Pizza Supply of Indiana. I'm going there Tuesday. If I find it there I'll reply back...or did you find it?

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 09:47:41 PM »
Thread is pretty old, I bet he did.  Some people, once they are happy, they stop answering questions the rest of might like to know the answers to.

Feel free to post whatever you find out.  If just to have an update for whoever is interested.

Thanks for your effort.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

Offline Pi-eyed

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 10:53:38 AM »
I just got off the phone with them...they have it!

Phone number is 1-574-267-5439

Look online for their toll free number

Pizza Supply of Indiana in Warsaw, IN

Cool!!

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 03:11:17 PM »
Jim;
I think what you are looking for is Stanislaus Full-Red   Extra Heavy Tomato Puree.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 03:26:50 PM »
I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but Jim hasn't been active here in over two years.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 03:42:25 PM »
I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but Jim hasn't been active here in over two years.

I remember Jim well. He also posted at the PMQ Think Tank. Sadly, Jim experienced a tragedy in his life when his wife committed suicide, as he noted at the PMQTT at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?p=65660#p65660.

Peter

Offline Pi-eyed

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 04:02:16 PM »
I'm sorry to bring back a post ending with such a sad subject. I will pay closer attention to the dates on threads. I had searched on the search function for Full Red, and saw Mr. Sheetz's post. Ouch.

Peace

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 10:54:29 AM »
 i think i can get it for you. it is a pureed tomato with basil leaf yes? not fully prepared. my supplier imperial foods in one of three distributors that still have their product packed and private labeled. if you want a can they will sell it to me and you pay cost plus shipping from me. i know this is the product you are looking for.my next order from them is monday.i can also get the full red but you would have to buy a case.
 and stanislaus's customer service is the best for institutional customers. they demand their distributors answer customer complaints within 24 hours. let me know if i can help