Author Topic: Yahoo! Health's List of the 7 Worst Pizzas in America  (Read 2877 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Yahoo! Health's List of the 7 Worst Pizzas in America
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 03:43:36 PM »
The Uno's Nutrition Information is given at http://www.unos.com/nutrition.php (one must click on the individual items). The Chicago Classic Deep-Dish has 55 grams of fat per serving. For three servings for the "Ind" size, that comes to a total of 165 grams fat.

I checked the Ingredients lists for all of the deep-dish pizzas sold by Uno's, and I did not see any oil other than soybean oil for the crusts.

Peter

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 01:33:46 AM »
The Uno's Nutrition Information is given at http://www.unos.com/nutrition.php (one must click on the individual items). The Chicago Classic Deep-Dish has 55 grams of fat per serving. For three servings for the "Ind" size, that comes to a total of 165 grams fat.

I checked the Ingredients lists for all of the deep-dish pizzas sold by Uno's, and I did not see any oil other than soybean oil for the crusts.

Peter

pete i am well aware of this.  but being told from a guy who works there differently...  i don't know what to trust.  the guy who makes the product, or the corporate think tankers who say whats in their food?
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 09:06:58 AM »
c0mpl3x,

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a disconnect between what goes on at a given Uno's store and the nutrition information at the Uno's website. Workers at the store level may not even be aware that the nutrition information exists and what is stated as ingredients for their products. Even if they know, they might not care or even realize that there may be legal implications in making substitutions. However, the parent company/licensor should be concerned about what is going on in their stores because it is their hide that is on the line with the federal regulators who set the rules and requirements on nutrition information labeling. For example, there may be people who are allergic to or otherwise wish to avoid coconut oil/butter. All they see now is soybean oil. The reason for the labeling is to let people know what they are being served and to make decisions on whether to consume a product or not based on their own situations and nutrition/health needs.

Peter

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 10:44:29 AM »
In the words of too many chefs...   "We're not their cardiologist"