Author Topic: Pizza in Youngstown, Ohio - Interesting  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Y-TOWN

Pizza in Youngstown, Ohio - Interesting
« on: April 13, 2005, 08:23:43 AM »
Here is the link to one of the pizza places in my area.

This fellow tells a lot about his operation including his average check amount, products used, and store volume - lot of pizza for a smaller market

http://www.wedgewoodpizza.com/manna.htm
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 08:27:45 AM by Rkos »

Offline LouisXIII

Re: Pizza in Youngstown, Ohio - Interesting
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 05:14:21 AM »
Sorry for bumping up a 2 year old topic, but having lived in Youngstown for a few years in the late 80's - early 90's, I can attest to the greatness that is Youngstown pizza.

Wedgewood, Cornersburg, Belleria, and the Elmton are all winners. Don't even get me started on the Briar Hill pizzas from St. Anthony's.

The sauce is what stands out with these pizza places, just unbelievably unique. If I could somehow re-engineer Cornersburg Pizza's sauce, I would die a happy man.

There is also a place in Girard called The Pizza Parlor that I have very positive recollections of.

The Italian Specialty Store in Cornersburg makes some great little pizzas as well as pepperoni/sausauge rolls.

EDIT: Another place that comes to mind is "The Oven" restaurant located in the uptown area on Market Street, GREAT pizza, great everything. I believe they closed sometime during the 90's due the high crime rate at their location. What a shame...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 05:34:30 AM by LouisXIII »