Author Topic: Easy first time pizza dough recipies  (Read 10451 times)

Offline Vindii

Re: Easy first time pizza dough recipies
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2010, 10:31:24 PM »
Made some pies on my Bubba Keg grill tonight.  This is a big green egg style of grill/smoker.  Preheats the stone to 550 for about 1 hour.  Used the same % from the recipe that Pete did for me earlier in this thread to make (3) 9" pizzas.  1 for the kids to split, 1 for the wife, and 1 for me.  The temp started to drop after the first one due to me opening the lid to add/remove pies and take pictures.  Next time I'll start at 600 to help with the temp.  All pies came out great.  My 4 year old daughter said these were the best pizzas I've made yet.

Here are some pics.

Offline Vindii

« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2010, 10:32:22 PM »
Couple more pics

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2010, 06:19:08 AM »
Made some pies on my Bubba Keg grill tonight.  This is a big green egg style of grill/smoker.  Preheats the stone to 550 for about 1 hour.  Used the same % from the recipe that Pete did for me earlier in this thread to make (3) 9" pizzas.  1 for the kids to split, 1 for the wife, and 1 for me.  The temp started to drop after the first one due to me opening the lid to add/remove pies and take pictures.  Next time I'll start at 600 to help with the temp.  All pies came out great.  My 4 year old daughter said these were the best pizzas I've made yet.

Here are some pics.

Vindii,

Your pies look tasty!  :)  Good to hear your four year old daughter said these were the best pizzas you made.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Matthew

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2010, 07:31:05 AM »
I went into a BBQ store yesterday looking to buy a Big Green Egg & after a pretty long chat with the store manager I ended up walking out with a Big Steel Keg.  Pizza aside, are you happy with it as a charcoal grill & smoker? 

Matt

Offline Vindii

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2010, 02:06:49 PM »
I went into a BBQ store yesterday looking to buy a Big Green Egg & after a pretty long chat with the store manager I ended up walking out with a Big Steel Keg.  Pizza aside, are you happy with it as a charcoal grill & smoker? 

Matt

Matt,

I bought a new weber gas grill this past spring after my old gasser died.  I have been cooking on gas for years.  I saw a deal on the Bubba Keg (now Big Steel keg) and could not pass it up.  After using it for the last 3 months I have been very happy with it.  I now use it much more than my new gas grill.  Slow and low cooks are great on it.  Also it gets very hot so searing steaks is great. 

If I had bought the Keg before the weber I'm not sure I would have the weber.

Get your self a BGE plate setter and a stone and start cooking pies.  Also check out the Bubba keg forum for may great ideas for cooks.

http://bubbakeg.com/bboard/index.php

Offline Matthew

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »
Matt,

I bought a new weber gas grill this past spring after my old gasser died.  I have been cooking on gas for years.  I saw a deal on the Bubba Keg (now Big Steel keg) and could not pass it up.  After using it for the last 3 months I have been very happy with it.  I now use it much more than my new gas grill.  Slow and low cooks are great on it.  Also it gets very hot so searing steaks is great. 

If I had bought the Keg before the weber I'm not sure I would have the weber.

Get your self a BGE plate setter and a stone and start cooking pies.  Also check out the Bubba keg forum for may great ideas for cooks.

http://bubbakeg.com/bboard/index.php

Thanks.  The BSK now has its own plate setter, they were out of stock & awaiting another shipment.

Matt

pizzapan