Author Topic: Seattle Pizza Day  (Read 777 times)

Offline Pigslips

• "Dominus Vobiscum"
Seattle Pizza Day
« on: October 03, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »
In Seattle last week and hit a couple of joints.  Tutta Bella Neapolitan Pizzeria was one of our stops.  Friends to me the Rainier Ave South location in Columbia City neighborhood was the best of the lot, so off we went. Tutta Bella is a certified "Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana."

INSALATA CESARE, Romaine, house made focaccia croutons, shaved parmigiano reggiano, classic caesar dressing*  (add fire-roasted chicken for $2.5 or anchovies for $1.5)

PIE; REGINA MARGHERITA, Pomodoro San Marzano, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, extra virgin olive oil.
       GIOVANNI, Extra virgin olive oil, fresh mozzarella, cherry tomato halves, prosciutto di Parma, 
                        fresh arugula, shaved parmigiano reggiano.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:07:46 PM by Pigslips »
“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Seattle Pizza Day
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 01:20:23 PM »
Pigs,

what did you think of this place?  The brown color of the crust and the lack of rise in the rim gives me the impression that the oven wasn't that hot.

AZ

ps thanks again for the caputo!

Offline Pigslips

• "Dominus Vobiscum"
Re: Seattle Pizza Day
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 01:57:30 PM »
Pigs, what did you think of this place?  The brown color of the crust and the lack of rise in the rim gives me the impression that the oven wasn't that hot. AZ ps thanks again for the caputo!

The dough was a 24 hour rise, also they really follow the rules of  "Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana."
The oven was about 750ish.  Very thin, as for my likes, it was good, very fresh tasting but I'm a little more of a NY style fan.
“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”