Author Topic: cracker style crust rigid or limp?  (Read 2417 times)

Offline Biancos

cracker style crust rigid or limp?
« on: October 04, 2010, 02:06:18 PM »
I looked through many of the photos in this section but haven't seen any with someone actually holding a slice of the cracker style crust. My question is this...Is this stlye crust rigid when you hold a piece of it in your hand or is it more like NY style (limp and droopy). Thanks in advance. Great forum here!

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: cracker style crust rigid or limp?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 02:28:34 PM »
Biancos,

The classic cracker-style pizza should have a firm crust, with no floppiness or drooping of the slices. If you scan the photos at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5762.0.html, you will see several examples of what I am saying. I did not show slices held out of my hand but I think you will see that the slices of the pizzas I made were firm. Other members, however, did show some slices held in their hands.

Peter

Offline BTB

Re: cracker style crust rigid or limp?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 12:42:40 PM »
I looked through many of the photos in this section but haven't seen any with someone actually holding a slice of the cracker style crust. My question is this...Is this stlye crust rigid when you hold a piece of it in your hand or is it more like NY style (limp and droopy). Thanks in advance. Great forum here!
See the second picture at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,8291.msg71523.html#msg71523 and some other pictures further below in the thread.  No limp and droopy there.  And the pizza was outstanding.
                                                                                    --BTB