Author Topic: thin cracker crust by hand  (Read 1750 times)

Offline pizzamancer

• I Love Pizza!
thin cracker crust by hand
« on: April 07, 2005, 02:42:25 PM »
Any suggestions for those who make thin cracker crust by hand.

After the dough stretches and releases from the side of the bowl, how much kneading is necessary.

Got a bread machine with dough setting, but I have to unplug the damned thing after about four minutes since it's only programmed for a 10 minute cycle.  Can't simply press a button to interupt it.  I like it, though. Nice nonstick surfaces. 

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
Re: thin cracker crust by hand
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 02:48:39 PM »
Odd you should post this question.  I was just thinking when I mixed a thin crust for tonight that this might be very well done by hand although arduous from a time stand point.  The DKM thin crust recipe listed on the pizzamaking site really does not knead, it is mixed seems like to me.  I think it could be done with a wooden spoon since this recipe makes a dough that is very very dry.

Randy

lamar

Re: thin cracker crust by hand
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 01:29:41 PM »
don't sweat it. i made this dough last night with my hands. it's so dry that after a few minutes your hands come out clean. i made the pizza this morning, it was great, but it will give you a workout trying to roll it out thin. don't give up this really is a good pizza crust.
i just found the website and this recipe got an excellent, i'm gonna try the others marked excellent.