Author Topic: Looking for a true "thick style" recipe....?  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Pizzacrazy7

• In Search Of...
Looking for a true "thick style" recipe....?
« on: December 19, 2010, 11:58:01 AM »
I've been craving some cheese sticks from a pizza place we had years ago here called "The Pizza Shoppe".  It was a thick, chewy, dense, delicious type of dough topped with cheese.  They're no longer in business and every search on the net shows tons of different Pizza Shoppes.  Anyway, this board is great however, but I've noticed there's not really any "Thick Style" recipes on this thread.  Its mostly Pizza Hut clones and/or sicilian or pan type styles.  No real thick styles.  Anyway, just looking for some recipes. 
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

buceriasdon

Re: Looking for a true "thick style" recipe....?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 01:04:12 PM »
Best bet would be to study focaccia style bread recipes and create a breadstick. Here and the web have many such recipes. Think small thin loaves of bread for your purpose. I roll out a thick rectangular dough and slice with a pizza cutter and seperate. The baking method I use is baking at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then 5 minutes at 400 to finish browning on a pan. The last 5 minutes I top with cheese, herbs, sundried tomatoes.
Have fun, Don

pizzapan