Author Topic: High Temp Countertop Oven  (Read 12911 times)

Online Matthew

Re: High Temp Countertop Oven
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 05:10:20 PM »
is it this one  ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/COUNTERTOP-PIZZA-OVEN-PD11-A-400-/120636278032?pt=BI_Commercial_Ovens_Ranges&hash=item1c167b8510#ht_2103wt_1141

its a shame i live in Brazil, this product would be great for me !!

Hi Andre,
That's the one.  I had it shipped to my P.O. box in Niagara Falls, NY & then crossed over to pick it up.  It seems to be pretty well insulated.  It has been off for almost 4 hours & the stone temp is still 300F.

Matt

Online Matthew

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 05:19:19 PM »
Is 16 inch the maximum size for a pie with that oven?What is the rim/crust sizes you prefer to make your pies at?

Just curious...I really love these ovens.I was browsing the website and checking alot of the other ovens out.
Very well priced for the amount of oven and features you get!

I have yet to see a bakers pride counter top oven this cheap that isn't "used".
 :)

Yes, The inside is just over 16" x 18".  As you may or may not know, I'm into Neapolitan pizza & since I don't use my WFO in the winter I thought this may be a decent substitute.  That being said I think I'm going to mess around with New Haven Style & off course with Neapolitan over the winter.  I'll continue to use my main indoor oven for bread, focaccia, & Sicilian.  Since New Haven style seems to be more oblong than round I will probably go 15 x 17 ish.

Matt

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 05:27:37 PM »
Hi Andre,
That's the one.  I had it shipped to my P.O. box in Niagara Falls, NY & then crossed over to pick it up.  It seems to be pretty well insulated.  It has been off for almost 4 hours & the stone temp is still 300F.

Matt

Did you have anything to DECLARE when crossing the border back?
 :-D

Nice to hear about that stone still holding that much temp!
 8)
-Bill

Online Matthew

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 05:35:22 PM »
Did you have anything to DECLARE when crossing the border back?
 :-D

Of course.  My wife had a field day.

Matt

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 05:40:22 PM »
thats cool Matt !! im curious about how the neapolitan pizza will cook...

congrats !!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 05:58:09 PM »
Is 16 inch the maximum size for a pie with that oven?

After Matt posted the oven I did some searching. I found the one that Matt got and the same company makes a bigger one at 25"WX24"D. Here is a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/COUNTERTOP-PIZZA-OVEN-PD14-A-400-/260682397618?pt=BI_Commercial_Ovens_Ranges&hash=item3cb1e1b7b2 and they have another one with a little window. http://cgi.ebay.com/COUNTERTOP-PIZZA-OVEN-PD14-B-M-400-/260683291540?pt=BI_Commercial_Ovens_Ranges&hash=item3cb1ef5b94

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 06:24:22 PM »
Matt,

I really like that oven. X-mas is just a round the corner, right?  ;D

Plus, shipping shouldn't be that much since they are in California and only have to ship it up the coast.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 06:37:53 PM »
How does the top element heat? is it IR?

How long must we wait to see your pizze? ;D

AZ

Online Matthew

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 06:44:07 PM »
Matt,

I really like that oven. X-mas is just a round the corner, right?  ;D

Plus, shipping shouldn't be that much since they are in California and only have to ship it up the coast.

Ya man go for it.  Shipping will be really cheap.

Matt

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 06:50:27 PM »
Ya man go for it.  Shipping will be really cheap.

Matt

I have to figure out the 240 V issue, though. I don't think my apartment has that kind of power, which sucks.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

Online Matthew

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »
How does the top element heat? is it IR?

How long must we wait to see your pizze? ;D

AZ

Far-Infrared Electrothermal Tube.  I'll be making pizza's on Sunday.

Matt

Online Matthew

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 06:53:58 PM »
I have to figure out the 240 V issue, though. I don't think my apartment has that kind of power, which sucks.

I had my electrician install a new 220V outlet on its own 15 amp breaker.

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2010, 06:56:17 PM »
I had my electrician install a new 220V outlet on its own 15 amp breaker.

I don't think our management would allow that. Maybe get one of those transformers I showed you before you installed the extra line.

How much was shipping to NY if you don't mind me asking?
Mike

Offline chickenparm

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2010, 07:42:23 PM »
After Matt posted the oven I did some searching. I found the one that Matt got and the same company makes a bigger one at 25"WX24"D. Here is a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/COUNTERTOP-PIZZA-OVEN-PD14-A-400-/260682397618?pt=BI_Commercial_Ovens_Ranges&hash=item3cb1e1b7b2 and they have another one with a little window. http://cgi.ebay.com/COUNTERTOP-PIZZA-OVEN-PD14-B-M-400-/260683291540?pt=BI_Commercial_Ovens_Ranges&hash=item3cb1ef5b94

8)

Thanks for posting those links.That said,they are alot more expensive,I did not see a buy it now so i guess it will be a bidding deal.
-Bill

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2010, 07:46:36 PM »
I think you would be safe to bid on it and not worry about anyone else. There have been zero bids since I looked at it last week.

Online Matthew

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2010, 07:53:39 PM »
I don't think our management would allow that. Maybe get one of those transformers I showed you before you installed the extra line.

How much was shipping to NY if you don't mind me asking?

It draws a constant 10 amps of power so it would only work if the rest of the load on that breaker is less than 5 amps (providing that it is wired to a 15amp breaker)  I'm not sure about the electrical code in the US but in Canada the split kitchen receptacles must be 220V.  If that it the case in the US then you can convert any plug located around the kitchen countertop to 220V. 
Shipping to Niagara Falls, NY was $100.

Matt

Online Matthew

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »
8)

Thanks for posting those links.That said,they are alot more expensive,I did not see a buy it now so i guess it will be a bidding deal.

You can contact him directly if you want & work something out; his name is Ming.  Bare in mind that the larger unit draws almost double the amperage.

Matt

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2010, 08:04:36 PM »
It draws a constant 10 amps of power so it would only work if the rest of the load on that breaker is less than 5 amps (providing that it is wired to a 15amp breaker)  I'm not sure about the electrical code in the US but in Canada the split kitchen receptacles must be 220V.  If that it the case in the US then you can convert any plug located around the kitchen countertop to 220V. 
Shipping to Niagara Falls, NY was $100.

Matt

Matt,

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Bro.

I'd have to check and see what I got. However, one of my neighbors is an electrician and we're getting along pretty well so I might ask him to take a look at it.

$100?? That's it? To NY? That's a deal...
Mike

Offline Jeep Pizza

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2010, 09:05:18 PM »
In the US the receptacles are single phase 110v and almost always only one circuit has been run from the panel so you cannot convert over to 220. Another line would have to be run from the panel. The only 220 circuit in the kitchen tends to be for the range. Either way it means $$ to get the setup for the counter top oven.( unless you know how to do it your self, however I do not recommend this for the everyday DIY guy )  35 years electrical experience. 8)
Time is money, money is power, power is pizza and pizza is knowledge.

Offline chickenparm

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2010, 10:29:08 PM »
In the US the receptacles are single phase 110v and almost always only one circuit has been run from the panel so you cannot convert over to 220. Another line would have to be run from the panel. The only 220 circuit in the kitchen tends to be for the range. Either way it means $$ to get the setup for the counter top oven.( unless you know how to do it your self, however I do not recommend this for the everyday DIY guy )  35 years electrical experience. 8)

Jeep,
My house has central heat and air..that said we still have the electric coiled wall heaters built into the walls that run off 220 volts to the fuse box.There are two of them with their own 220 circuits.

We do not use the wall heaters anymore,but they do work if we switch them ON.Btw,this is in the USA if it matters.

That said,could an electrician use this already wired 220 set up down at the box and use the current wires or run new wires into the kitchen somewhere if we bought a stove like posted above?We don't need the wall heaters and never use them anyway.

Just wondering what you thought.

-Bill
-Bill

pizzapan