Author Topic: High Temp Countertop Oven  (Read 12929 times)

Offline Matthew

Re: High Temp Countertop Oven
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2011, 05:17:07 PM »
Sorry I am replying here from the other thread.

Did you find that putting the 2 stones was necessary to get enough top heat by decreasing the deck height?

Have you tried making any pizzas 1 after another and if so how does that work for you?

thanks. 

BTW I asked ca_sage on eBay and he said the oven has CE European certification which is a nice touch.

No need for the 2 stones.  I switched back to 1.  No problems at all with recovery.

Matt

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2011, 07:31:29 AM »
matt, now that you have spent some more time with your oven I was wondering if you timing is still the same.   Just still curious what your highest bottom stone temp is that will provide you with a perfectly even top to bottom bake.   

Offline Matthew

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2011, 09:43:09 AM »
matt, now that you have spent some more time with your oven I was wondering if you timing is still the same.   Just still curious what your highest bottom stone temp is that will provide you with a perfectly even top to bottom bake.   

Hi Scott,
Yes it is.  I find about 700-725 to be the sweet spot.  What's been working really good lately is loading the pizza on a screen & then removing it from the screen when it's almost done & popping it back in for a few seconds without the screen.  It gives the bottom a nice char.

Matt

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2011, 10:22:19 AM »
cool, thanks for getting back to me.     Yeah, I sometimes have to put a screen under the pie after it has had a minute or two on the stone first and the pies still turn out great.     I think this is my year for a wood burning oven to get neapolitan temps, though.   These ovens are definitely the way to go for making it though the cold new england winters, and im not convinced a wood burning oven is going to do NY or Coal oven pies any better. 

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2011, 01:32:20 PM »
I think this is my year for a wood burning oven to get neapolitan temps, though.   

Of all the things you gotten over the years it's funny that the WFO is last. It's going to be awesome seeing your Neapolitan pies out of a WFO.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2011, 04:56:12 PM »
Thank you David, thats very nice of you to say that.   Seriously though,  that maytag oven at my old Boston apartment really could do neapolitan pizzas, so I didn't find the need for any more heat or a more even bake.    The pizza I was able to make there was just as good as the best Neapolitan pizzas I have had elsewhere, and 1-2 minute bakes were possible.    As I learned more about my likes and dislikes I realized that I actually don't like sub 1 minute bakes, so I was very content with my heat situation until I had to move about a year and a half ago.    The positive side of all this is that my new oven, capable of a perfect coal oven bake, forced me to really dig in and perfect that style for my own tastes.    Now, I think I might even prefer that style.   
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:57:47 PM by scott r »

Offline countertop

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2011, 03:02:23 PM »
Mathew how did you order, did it ship from China or someone in the USA has them in stock, does it work well or has it failed since you bought it?

Offline AndrewB

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2011, 07:00:26 PM »
Matthew -

I am seriously considering purchasing this oven. Is there anyway that I could talk to you directly about the oven?

thanks,

Andrew

pizzapan