Author Topic: cheese melting to much.  (Read 653 times)

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
cheese melting to much.
« on: October 25, 2010, 01:03:32 AM »
  can any one help me with my cheese curd method as my cheese melts into a runny mess. it has the same consistancy as buffalo moz. i think i am adding to much water to  curd.i have been cutting the curd into small pieces then soaking them in 165 degree water i use my hands to break the curd  trying to get it to heat evenly.i then strain out the water and cook and stretch. it seem that the cheese is a lot softer that it use to be and melts way to fast. i have two pictures of this . i would love some help, this is the second week that this has happened.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Re: cheese melting to much.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 01:24:06 AM »
If you were making them the same way before and they weren't like this maybe the manufacturer changed something in the curd? I have never made cheese before so I can't say I want to try though. I have watched this video a bunch of times and found very informative. When I try my hand at making cheese I will do practice it like this, its cool what he does at the end with the plastic wrap.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vymXC0Cnxw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vymXC0Cnxw</a>

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 01:53:24 AM »
Don't know a thing about making cheese but your crust looks great! :P

AZ

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 07:35:56 AM »
When I was making cheese, if the milk was older than usual the resulting curd was not as firm and the melt ran together as above. I was getting raw milk from a farm though. Your source for curd may have gotten some less than optimal milk for production.

John