Author Topic: new sauce..  (Read 1245 times)

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
new sauce..
« on: April 19, 2005, 01:09:00 AM »
I always use Stanislaus New York sauce and just add some herbs but decided to try something different yesterday. I was at Smart and Final and bought a gallon can of LaRomanella pizza sauce. I opened it up, poured it into a container, added a tablespoon of oregano, 2 teaspoons of sugar, one teaspoon each of  pepper, salt, red chile flakes, marjoram, and 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic. I stirred it up good, sealed it, stuck it in the fridge for 24 hours and made a pizza with the sauce today. It tasted great! It didn't have the acidic taste I get from the Stanislaus sauce and it was about $3.50 for the can which will last for a few weeks worth of pizza. I wont use it all. Also, I normally use Grande whole mozz cheese but used the Smart and Final blend instead. I'm not as adventurous as most of you since I cheat and just buy the dough balls from trader Joes. I can't make as good a dough as what they sell for 99 cents so i go the easy route. Anyway, just thought I would pass it along for anyone who can't get the Stanislaus or Escalon. The pizza tasted great.