Author Topic: Pizza Raquel Preferment Calculation Question  (Read 691 times)

Offline HC123

Pizza Raquel Preferment Calculation Question
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:56:21 AM »
Does anybody know if the Pizza Raquel's preferment formula percentage is based on the formula's flour total, water total or total dough weight?

I am trying to adapt the recipe to create 13" balls using the preferment calculator but don't know how the preferment is expressed on this particular recipe.

Thank you!

Heather  ;)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Pizza Raquel Preferment Calculation Question
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:10:30 AM »
Heather,

Over the course of the Pizza Raquel thread, Pete Taylor posted several versions of his Pizza Raquel dough formulation. The amount of the natural preferment/starter varied, from 3-8%, but the amount was always with respect to the total formula flour. I believe the last version of the formulation he posted is at Reply 568 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,1258.msg59360.html#msg59360.

Peter

Offline HC123

Re: Pizza Raquel Preferment Calculation Question
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 01:41:39 PM »
Thank you again Pete-zza! You're right. He uses different formulas for that recipe. Basically, I am trying to use his recipe as a guide while experimenting with my Wild Yeast sarter. I didn't quite understand how to enter a starter percentage into the preferment calculator! I am sure the best thing to do is keep experimenting until I achieve good results! So many pies to bake, so little time!!!

Aaaand, I can't believe I wrote I wanted to create 13 inch "balls" instead of "pies"  !!!   :-[

Thanks again for always helping us newbies out!!!

Heather  :)