Author Topic: SAM'S Club Bakers & Chefs™ High Gluten Flour  (Read 3094 times)

Offline ThatsAmore

SAM'S Club Bakers & Chefs™ High Gluten Flour
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:47:27 PM »
A friend got me a bag of topic flour and I have come upon some pretty good results.  I paid like $16 for the 50 lb bag.

samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=163843&navAction= (can't post a link as a newbie)

Attached is a pic of results.  Started with the DKM recipe and the recipe on back of flour bag and adjusted here and there.

Will be a few days getting the recipe up as it was a double batch recipe and when I cut back on water I didn't like the growl my Kitchen Aid KSM450 mixer made, so I'm going to go to single batch, which you food processor folks will be able to use as well.  Reason for delay, my scale only does 1/8 oz increments and I got a few 3/8oz entries that need verifying on recipe split.

I'm so happy with the results, I can't wait to tell someone  ::)
Who put that pie in my eye ?

Offline ThatsAmore

Re: SAM'S Club Bakers & Chefs™ High Gluten Flour
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 10:50:10 PM »
Second run of same dough batch was even better than the first  :chef:

I made single batch recipe today and think it's similar to double batch.  I have found with this flour it it best left retarded in refrigerator for minimum of 2 days, so it will be Monday before I feel comfortable posting recipe.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:54:10 PM by ThatsAmore »

Offline ThatsAmore

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 09:47:12 PM »
OK,

Here is the single batch recipe.

1 lb SAM'S Club Bakers & Chefs High Gluten Flour
1/2 oz Vegetable Oil
1/4 oz Salt
1/4 oz Active Dry Yeast
7½ oz 90°F Water

Mix in stand mixer on lowest setting with dough hook for 3 minutes.  Lower bowl and scrape bowl sides and mix for an additional 1 minute on lowest setting.  Dough will have some crumbs that can be pushed into ball when storing.  Immediately place in covered bowl in refrigerator for 2 days.

Remove dough from refrigerator at least 2 hours before hand.  Flour your board and roller.  Roll out until 3/8” thick.  Dock (to let out trapped air easier) and drag in flour both sides.  Fold up like an envelope and then fold in 1/2 again and 1/2 again.  Roll out until approximately 1/16 - 1/8” thick.  This should yield a 16 inch crust nicely.  Note: Taking small breaks to let dough relax helps.  Once rolled out to size, dock and put in lightly oiled cornmeal sprinkled pan.  Trim crust.  Bake 4 minutes in 400-425°F oven.  Remove from oven and poke crust with a fork and lightly press air of any inflated areas.  Top and bake an additional 8-9 minutes.

Thanks to Steve, Pete-zza, ThatOneGuy, DKM and everyone else here that contributes here.  Everytime I read here, I am amazed at the depth of the threads.

Enjoy !!!

:chef:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:06:19 PM by ThatsAmore »

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 04:43:44 PM »
Looks great!! I hate to admit this, but I haven't made a thin-cracker crust pizza in a long time! I need to change that!!  :chef:
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.