Author Topic: Wow,What a Mixer!  (Read 656 times)

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
Wow,What a Mixer!
« on: November 05, 2010, 11:59:09 PM »
Seen this on ebay...just wanted to share it,I have never seen a mixer like that before.Hope you enjoy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/80-QT-Quart-Hobart-Dough-Mixer-Antique-Collectors-/130444755385?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e5f1d01b9#ht_500wt_945
-Bill

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
Re: Wow,What a Mixer!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 07:04:16 AM »
I used to use one just like that years ago when I first started baking. Man it brings back memories just to see one like that again. It was very,very strong! One of the strongest mixers I have ever used. :)

There was this one time I had an 80quart bowl full of cake icing on that mixer and the other guy accidentally hit fourth gear.... Go figure...

:o :o :o :o :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Mick.Chicago

• Squish.
Re: Wow,What a Mixer!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 10:49:52 AM »
I used to use that size of mixer when working in a commercial bakery, we'd then take the bowl and mix the pastry/dough by hand with a paddle about four feet long.

pizzapan