Author Topic: Baker's Chef Flour  (Read 1689 times)

Offline bigriver

• I Love Pizza!
Baker's Chef Flour
« on: April 19, 2005, 09:32:58 AM »
I am running out of my usual flour, Bouncer, and won't be traveling this week(I get my flour from GFS Marketplace while I'm on the road).  Does anyone have information on "Baker's Chef" flour from Sam's Club?  My buddy said that it worked well for him, but I would rather lean on the forum....I've had his pizza before..... ;D.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
Re: Baker's Chef Flour
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 11:06:03 AM »
I have used it but I was not happy with it.  It is a cheap flour grade best I can tell.  A review on a bakers site rated it pretty low last year seems like.
Sam's use to sell high gluten which worked pretty good but I have not seen it in the last two years.
Randy

Offline Nathan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 10:34:47 PM »
Bigriver, how do you like the Bouncer flour?  I have tried it once and thought it was ok but since it's bleached and bromated I didn't buy it again.  I also tried to contact Bay State Milling to get more info on it and they failed to reply.  Another reason I didn't buy it again.
"Pizza with pineapples?  That's a cake."

Offline bigriver

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 12:37:45 PM »
I've had success with bouncer.  I have never worked from formulas or recipes either.  All the dough I make is by feel.  I have never attempted to contact Bay State, I guess I have always felt that it would be like contacting Chevy about the carburator on my 83 Camero...lol.  I do wish there website had better information on it though.  Anyway back to the bouncer...it makes a great thin crust pizza very high protein flour(I guess).  I usualy par-bake the crust to start then top and bake at my ovens max temp. 

Also,
  The name is very fitting when mixed properly the dough "bounces" back when stretched and poked, or I guess you could say it is tough like a "bouncer" at a biker bar :D

If you live near a GFS Marketplace they carry it in 25lb bags.