Author Topic: My Newest trip to Bova foods  (Read 1790 times)

Offline johnnytuinals

My Newest trip to Bova foods
« on: October 22, 2010, 08:50:46 PM »
I did go to Bova foods today
Bought
1 case of Grande East Coast Blend Shredded chesse $86 per case(Price has gone up a tad but who cares}
2 Cases of Lamonica's 11oz dough balls,50 per case at $22(Made in brooklyn Ny}
1 case of Breaded Veal
1 Large can of Escalon Bonta Pizza sauce with Basil $6
Was a nice day for a ride,,,,when storing the chesse I found 2 extra bags of Grande east coast blend(thought I had 1 left}and Found 2 loafs of Grande WM chesse..........I am sure irs all god since it has been frozen......................JT

Offline Ev

Re: My Newest trip to Bova foods
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 08:53:48 AM »
I haven't been there in a while. It's about an hour and a half drive form me and I've since found closer sources for most of my ingredients. I love those nice black steel pans they sell, though. I can't find them anywhere else.

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »
I agree,,,I did notice many black pans in differant sizes in the back along with
alot of other things I cannot use lol....JT

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 09:17:59 PM »
...$86 for cheese?  it it was anything short of 40lbs id be worried.  moreso if 30lbs
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 11:28:54 PM »
...$86 for cheese?  it it was anything short of 40lbs id be worried.  moreso if 30lbs

I guess since milk prices have gone up so does chesse.
Bova is selling Grande at the Pizza shop rate by the case.
Stick with your walmarts chesse because most know everything
has gone up in price lately..............JT

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 11:39:23 PM »

I guess since milk prices have gone up so does chesse.
Bova is selling Grande at the Pizza shop rate by the case.
Stick with your walmarts chesse because most know everything
has gone up in price lately..............JT

stella 50/50 or 100% mozz for a 5lb is 12.06 where i get it.   i dont know how commercial cheese prices went from 1.72 to almost a dollar more per bag when milk barely moved.  or any of the other cheeses.

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 11:57:32 PM »
You stay with your Stella chesse,I guess you also enjoy going to dennys for Fri or Sat nite dinner also.
Grande cheese has never been at the $8.60 price you are talking about.
You go enjoy your Stella cheese,knock yourself out and have a blast.
Most know and can tell the differance,,,Many enjoy Gallo or any of that cheap wine,,,But most
\rather spend more and get something that taste good...(as for milk prices,you have no clue at all,,,,look at Dean and see what real milk prices are instead of the walmarts brand}..................JT
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:59:53 PM by johnnytuinals »

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 02:12:40 AM »
You stay with your Stella chesse,I guess you also enjoy going to dennys for Fri or Sat nite dinner also.
Grande cheese has never been at the $8.60 price you are talking about.
You go enjoy your Stella cheese,knock yourself out and have a blast.
Most know and can tell the differance,,,Many enjoy Gallo or any of that cheap wine,,,But most
\rather spend more and get something that taste good...(as for milk prices,you have no clue at all,,,,look at Dean and see what real milk prices are instead of the walmarts brand}..................JT

i asked you to explain why your case (of unknown weight) of cheese cost $86 by phrasing it as a question.  many members here do not favor grande as the almighty cheese, with me being one.  i'm quite sure at least one member besides you feel that it IS that way.  and i do follow milk prices where i live.  dairy is a very large part of my region, and prices have gone up a few cents per gallon but nothing major.  cheese has gone up barely anything for most brands, with a few going up more than 10-20%.  and, i haven't gone out to dinner, as you say, in almost a year.  and at that, i've bought lunch, but not dinner.   and i go to hometown/local/mom and pop places if i do.

so the question, once again, what was the size of this case? 40lb? 30lb? 35?  i hope it isn't 10 as you laid claim to me saying it was.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 02:25:34 AM by c0mpl3x »

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 11:37:49 AM »
I am only busting your balls
Everyone that have bought Grande knows the shreded come in 30lb cases and cost more then their Loafs.
I would say under $14.50 per 5lb bag(Still kinda cheap if you enjoy making pizza}
When you go to a distributor price is always differant every other week.
I have paid as low as $63 per case and the newest high of $86 per case and maybe prices will drop or even go higher the next time I buy my chesse
As for milk prices
People are passing on Brand names like Bordens,Tuscan,Land o lakes among many other brands that Dean Owns.People are just buying NO Name brands of milk with this economy.
I would like to think I know a very small tad about Milk since I own lots of shares of Dean and buying more today lol....JT

Offline Spurkey

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 06:49:37 AM »
Johnny,

Hey, those pizza doughs you bought, are they the same as the singles you can buy in the freezers at Bova?

I really like them, its the NY water.

Does Bova sell other doughs??

Thanks

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »
Yep its alot cheaper to buy a case of 50 for $22,,,,I think the single price is around 99 cents
so it would make alot more sense to get a case..Yep that NYC water makes it taste better........JT