Author Topic: My FIRST...(well, second)...Sicilian pizza!  (Read 1414 times)

Offline msgenie516

• I love to cook!
My FIRST...(well, second)...Sicilian pizza!
« on: November 06, 2010, 09:59:26 PM »
Hi,

This is really my second attempt at a Sicilian pie (the first one was so bad--tasted good but that was about it--that I didn't bother taking any pictures).  I think I actually amazed my family with this one!  It's just plain cheese (lots of different kinds) but I wanted to get that decent first before trying any extra toppings.

There are only three of us (me, my husband, and my mother), so we have a hard time finishing a whole pie (especially since mom is 89 and doesn't eat all that much), but hubby can have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

When it first came out of the oven, the bottom crust was nice and crisp but after it cooled a bit, it wasn't quite as crisp.  The texture was light and easy to eat.

Unfortunately, when I tried to add photos of the pie, I couldn't figure out how to do it.  I could browse for the photos but could find no way to post them.  I also tried html (fortunately, I know the command for that) because I also have them in my web space, but that didn't work either.  If I figure this out, I will add the photos in another post.

I am so disappointed I couldn't add the pictures, as I'm really proud of this one!  I did a lot of research and asked a bunch of questions at an Italian deli to come up with this pie.  Well, let's hope I can get the pictures posted somehow!   :)  Genie

P.S. OMG, after I looked at my post, the photos are there!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:01:46 PM by msgenie516 »
Happy newbie pizza maker here, still learning!  I use my 22 year old KitchenAid K5SS and am waiting for a brand new Hobart N50.  Recently purchased a "slightly used" one on eBay but it turned out to be a disaster.  Be careful when buying used equipment on eBay. I have learned a good lesson from this.  Also have a Zojirushi bread machine, baking stone, and Super Peel (can't seem to learn to use that the RIGHT way, but working on it).

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
Re: My FIRST...(well, second)...Sicilian pizza!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 11:13:11 PM »
Wow,I think that looks great! You did a nice job there!
 :chef:
-Bill

Offline Matthew

Re: My FIRST...(well, second)...Sicilian pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 04:26:36 AM »
H
When it first came out of the oven, the bottom crust was nice and crisp but after it cooled a bit, it wasn't quite as crisp. 

Remove it from the pan once it's baked & place it on a cooling rack if you want to keep it crisp.

Matt

pizzapan