Author Topic: Went to Uncle Giuseppe's today for pizza supplies! (Pic)  (Read 1605 times)

Offline msgenie516

• I love to cook!
Went to Uncle Giuseppe's today for pizza supplies! (Pic)
« on: November 07, 2010, 10:23:53 PM »
Hi,

I went shopping today for pizza supplies at Uncle Giuseppe’s Marketplace, a local supermarket with the emphasis on Italian food.  Unfortunately, I believe this store is only on Long Island--I go to the one in Smithtown, NY., which is about 5 miles from me.  Some of the things I just needed, like my spices that were in the cabinet too long (that had to be replaced).  Other things I was just TOO tempted to try and HAD to buy!  From left to right, these are the things I bought:

Ambrosi Mozzarella di Bufalo Campana (buffalo milk mozzarella) - I never tried this but heard many good things about it.  Better be good, it was $7.99 for 4.2 oz.--that‘s almost $32.00 a pound!  I may never buy it again (or maybe only for special occasions) but curiosity got the best of me!

28 oz. can of San Marzano crushed tomatoes - another thing I never tried but heard about.

Mediterranean Basil Leaves

Italian Parmigiano Reggiano - They call it the king of all cheeses!  I will grate some to sprinkle over my next pizza and we’ll see.

Greek Oregano

Stella Fontinella cheese - recommended by the store clerk to use on pizza

Italian Seasoning

Shredded Asiago cheese - Uncle Giuseppe’s has the best Asiago cheese I have tried, so I bought two tubs.

A bulb of garlic

Centered in the front are cheese and parsley sausage patties.  I plan on frying them, breaking them up, and sprinkling over my next pizza.

Right now I’m in the “trial and error” stage of pizza making but I managed to turn out a nice Sicilian pie this weekend, so I’m getting encouraged!  The one thing that was missing was Uncle Giuseppe’s Asiago cheese.  I tried another brand because I didn’t feel like making the trip to Uncle Giuseppe’s and it didn’t compare--will never do that again!

So that was my shopping trip for today--should never go out for food when I’m hungry, it always costs me!   :)  Genie

Happy newbie pizza maker here, still learning!  I use my 22 year old KitchenAid K5SS and am waiting for a brand new Hobart N50.  Recently purchased a "slightly used" one on eBay but it turned out to be a disaster.  Be careful when buying used equipment on eBay. I have learned a good lesson from this.  Also have a Zojirushi bread machine, baking stone, and Super Peel (can't seem to learn to use that the RIGHT way, but working on it).