Author Topic: DiCarlo and Other New York Metro Area, Cash-and-Carry  (Read 20107 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: DiCarlo and Other New York Metro Area, Cash-and-Carry
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 08:51:42 AM »
Genie,

Many of the posts in this thread are quite old and no doubt things have changed at DiCarlo's. So, it would be nice if you can give the forum an update on the kinds of pizza items DiCarlo is now selling to the public on a cash and carry basis.

Peter

Offline trosenberg

• Lifetime Member
  • Burning Desire for Pizza
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »
I still shop there on a regular basis and things seem the same to me.  They are probably the biggest wholesaler of pizza supplies on Long Island & have a wide selection of flour; Caputo, All Trumps, Gen Mills etc but not KA. They carry all the major brands of tomato and cheese products.   The cash & carry store has a wide selection of stuff but the warehouse has thousands of items.   See the website at  http://www.dicarlofood.com/.   They will pull anything from the warehouse to sell to the public if you call a day ahead ahead.  If it is Caputo you are after call ahead as they don't always have it in the store.   Just south of the LIE at exit #63.
Trosenberg

Offline msgenie516

• I love to cook!
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 09:55:35 PM »
Genie,

Many of the posts in this thread are quite old and no doubt things have changed at DiCarlo's. So, it would be nice if you can give the forum an update on the kinds of pizza items DiCarlo is now selling to the public on a cash and carry basis.

Peter

I'm not sure exactly when I'll get there again (probably soon, though) and I'll take a notepad and pen with me to make a list of what they have.  At my age, I don't count on remembering everything I see!   ::)  Genie
Happy newbie pizza maker here, still learning!  I use my 22 year old KitchenAid K5SS and am waiting for a brand new Hobart N50.  Recently purchased a "slightly used" one on eBay but it turned out to be a disaster.  Be careful when buying used equipment on eBay. I have learned a good lesson from this.  Also have a Zojirushi bread machine, baking stone, and Super Peel (can't seem to learn to use that the RIGHT way, but working on it).

pizzapan