Author Topic: Went to DiCarlo today - was in pizza HEAVEN!  (Read 1083 times)

Offline msgenie516

• I love to cook!
Went to DiCarlo today - was in pizza HEAVEN!
« on: November 10, 2010, 07:51:26 PM »
Hi,

I had promised Peter (Pete-zza) to give a report if I went to DiCarlo. 

I went there today with my daughter and bought all kinds of stuff.  Itís only about 20 minutes from my house so, fortunately, I can go back with no problem if I decide I want anything else. 

I took my camera with me just in case they let me take pictures, which they were happy to!  The man in charge there even volunteered to help by suggesting things we should take pictures of.

There is a picture of the sign at the entrance, pictures of various shelves in the store, a picture of me holding pizza boxes, a picture of my daughter holding balls of pre-made frozen dough, a picture of the box we brought things home in, and a picture of the pizza-related items I bought.  I think I have enough stuff to feed an army (I also bought things not pictured) but it was fun!

The picture of the things I brought home is as follows:

(All are large cans ranging from 6 lb 6 oz to 6 lb 11 oz--I noticed the cans of sauce are heavier than the tomatoes)

Full Red Pizza Sauce  $4.99

6 In 1 Ground Tomatoes  $4.75

Bonta Pizza Sauce  $5.75

Don Pepino Pizza Sauce  $5.50

DiCarlo San Marzano Style Tomatoes  $4.50

The following can is only 28 oz:

Strianese DOP San Marzano Tomatoes  $2.99

And a 10 oz container of Northshire Farms Garlic For Pizza - No price on it and I canít remember

Some of the pictures are in my next post, as there are too many.  We had a great time there but now I better get busy making pizzas--I guess I can do a lot of experimenting!

They also had a 50 pound bag of Caputo 00 flour for around $44.00-$45.00 but it was just too much for me.  I asked about it and he didnít think it came in smaller sizes.  But he gave me his phone number and extension so that if I have any more questions, I can call.  They also had fresh yeast in the refrigerated section but since I believe it is very perishable, I didnít buy that.  It was only $1.70 for a nice size cake.  But I have two pounds of IDY I just bought in BJís for a little over $4.00, so that will last me for a VERY long time!

I hope this information is helpful!  Genie
Happy newbie pizza maker here, still learning!  I use my 22 year old KitchenAid K5SS and am waiting for a brand new Hobart N50.  Recently purchased a "slightly used" one on eBay but it turned out to be a disaster.  Be careful when buying used equipment on eBay. I have learned a good lesson from this.  Also have a Zojirushi bread machine, baking stone, and Super Peel (can't seem to learn to use that the RIGHT way, but working on it).

Offline msgenie516

• I love to cook!
Re: Went to DiCarlo today - was in pizza HEAVEN!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 07:57:25 PM »
More DiCarlo pictures, think I'm going to have to break this down into three posts...
Happy newbie pizza maker here, still learning!  I use my 22 year old KitchenAid K5SS and am waiting for a brand new Hobart N50.  Recently purchased a "slightly used" one on eBay but it turned out to be a disaster.  Be careful when buying used equipment on eBay. I have learned a good lesson from this.  Also have a Zojirushi bread machine, baking stone, and Super Peel (can't seem to learn to use that the RIGHT way, but working on it).

Offline msgenie516

• I love to cook!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
Hopefully, the last of the pictures will fit in this post...

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 08:16:24 PM »
Thanks for the Pics.......
Did you buy any Grande Chesse and if so whats the price in your area for shredded?
I also Love AnnaMaria Pizza sauce in Bottles ,,,Did you see anything by that Brand name.....Thanks JT

Offline msgenie516

• I love to cook!
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 08:20:03 PM »
Thanks for the Pics.......
Did you buy any Grande Chesse and if so whats the price in your area for shredded?
I also Love AnnaMaria Pizza sauce in Bottles ,,,Did you see anything by that Brand name.....Thanks JT

I really didn't look at the cheese that much because I have so much right now and I had to get home.  I didn't notice any sauce in bottles or I would have gotten some.  But I could have missed it!  I'll check again the next time I go.   :)  Genie

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 09:09:52 PM »
Thanks..................JT