Author Topic: Need help: Rising time for napoletana dough  (Read 2320 times)

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
Re: Need help: Rising time for napoletana dough
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2010, 08:55:23 AM »
Bill, i use a wet clothe because i always get a little tinny dry spot wen cold fermenting, so i decided to always use one, maybe my container is not 100% sealed...

Nariman, i cant tell by that picture what went wrong, sorry...
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 08:45:35 AM »
Andre.
So you mean that the reason for what happened to my pizza (please look at the picture above), is the working procedure?

-Nariman

In addition to the workflow changes Andre suggested, my take is that the raw/hard crust on the bottom is due to not heating the stone enough. Try 90 minutes instead of 30. What type of stone do you have?

Offline nariman

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 12:56:34 PM »
Thank you both. I will try the changes proposed by Andre. Regarding the pizza stein, yes maybe it's not hot enough. I'm using a ceramic commercial pizza stone.
-Nariman   

Offline snelly

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2010, 05:24:54 AM »
Hi all,

just reading this thread, it's very interesting! I'm quite new to this and have encountered the same problem it seems.
I use:
Flour: 510g
Water: 330g
Salt: 18g
Culture: 45g (50/50 flour/water)

Mix, then leave for 15 mins. Then knead until smooth and leave for 10 mins. I then covered and left in the fridge for 24 hours. I then uncovered and left out for 3 hours to warm up. Made my pizza and cooked in a conventional oven at highest temp (~275).

I too got a very stiff crust (it was tasty though!).

I think next time (I have 2 more to try tonight and tomorrow night) I will keep completely sealed in the fridge and while warming to room temp.

Does anyone have any ideas? Will the dough always be stiff at this cooking temp? If I can't cook at this temp I shall move onto a NY style.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Alex

pizzapan