Author Topic: Thin Crust Pizza Recipe  (Read 3022 times)

Offline sgtwarpig

Thin Crust Pizza Recipe
« on: October 16, 2010, 03:54:53 PM »
I was reading the thin crust pizza recipe on the site and saw how to make the dough but didnt see a recommended pan size can anyone help. It was the thin crust dough recipe.

Offline Jet_deck

Re: Thin Crust Pizza Recipe
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 10:34:05 AM »
Then pan size can be anything that fits in your oven.  Generally, the dough is rolled out as thin as possible, then trimmed to fit the pan that you have.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Randy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, a great Lycopene source
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 12:59:46 PM »
Most of the one pound of flour recipes call for a 16".

Randy

Offline BTB

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 03:05:43 PM »
Many home ovens (maybe even most) will not hold a 16" diameter pan, so double check if yours easily can.  Many of the companies selling such warn of this. 

Does size matter?  ?  ?  I have a great 14" dark non-perforated cutter pan and it has great utility for making thin crust pizzas.  I can make a 6" or a 10" or a 12" or a 14" diameter pizza in it, or any size in between.  With such a pan, you don't have to make the maximum size if you don't want to. 

As was said, roll out as thin as possible (usually more than you think . . . "keep rolling"), don't use too much yeast, and test out doing one with par baking the crust for 3 to 5 minutes first before dressing and then, when you have a chance, try doing so without the par baking.  I'm betting you'll prefer the par baked crust.  Good luck and let us know how your successes are going.

--BTB                  :chef:

Offline buzz

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 12:14:16 PM »
I find that 1 cup of flour makes a thin 12" pizza. However, with a lot of pressure with a rolling pin, you could make it a 14".

pizzapan