Author Topic: 6 in 1 Review Revisited  (Read 1185 times)

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
6 in 1 Review Revisited
« on: November 23, 2010, 01:34:13 PM »
I recently purchased a large can of Escalon 6 in 1 ground tomatoes,that are by far one of the best out of the canned,tomatoes I have ever tasted.WOW....it is really good stuff.It's a nice bright red color and smells incredible.

Its also not too chunky like some other crushed tomatoes cans might be.
I was eating this stuff out of the can!
 ;D
I'm not even sure what to add to it should I make more pizzas.I used it straight from the can and it is not tasting like its missing anything yet!I will separate the sauce into 3 smaller bowls so I can taste what just adding oregano and a pinch of sugar might do for it etc.

I did alot of reading on this old thread Im linking if you want to read others opinions there.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,16.0.html

Ps: I made a topic about the Allegro Pizza sauce from Escalon a few weeks ago,and this 6 in 1 stuff blows it away.
 :)

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:36:13 PM by chickenparm »
-Bill

Offline dms

Re: 6 in 1 Review Revisited
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 11:48:21 PM »
I add a bit of salt (like a tablespoon a #10 can) and a bit of lemon juice.  sometimes some pepper.  If I've got fresh herbs, they go on the pie, not in the saude. 

Offline ponzu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 12:12:46 AM »
That's interesting.  I thought that the 6 in 1s tasted pretty bright out of the can when I tried them, but kind of ketchuppy and flat once cooked on a pizza.  I also didn't like all of the skin bits in the can.

I Much prefer Nina's, Alta Cucina's and even Cento Italian style.

I udually just add salt, oregano, evoo, and maybe a touch of sherry vinegar and sugar to taste reguardlesss of the brand.

AZ

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 01:10:43 AM »
Thanks for the replies!

I will try some of your suggestions as well.I usually add a little oregano,a little sugar,olive oil,or garlic if needed...I still need to experiment on this stuff to make it even better for my pies.

Still,was very impressed by it ,stand alone,from the can.
 :)

-Bill

pizzapan