Author Topic: what do ya think of this one?  (Read 1822 times)

Offline shahed

• I Love Pizza!
what do ya think of this one?
« on: April 21, 2005, 08:05:02 PM »
ok ive been out the game for awhile but ive just started working for a freind who has a good pizza oven that isnít even getting any action at all :-X. I know dont ask. Anyhows im spending all this week baking crusts to try and come up with a winner.

heres the thin crust recipe that im thinking of starting with:

1 1/2 teaspns fast active dry yeast
180g '00 flour
70g plain flour
1 teaspn suger
1/2 teaspn salt
50ml olive oil

makes 2x 10" crusts

what do ya's think?

Im not gonna bore you with my method as it pretty straight forward stuff, but i will say that im thinking of raising my dough ball for just 2hrs at room temp before rolling.

thanks

shahed

Offline shahed

• I Love Pizza!
Re: what do ya think of this one?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 08:08:28 PM »
lol left out water

im thinkin of using about 50ml, some of which ill mix with the yeast pre hand and the rest i shall use as i need.

Offline shahed

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 06:43:53 AM »
ok no one has any ideas?

Offline MTPIZZA

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 06:55:40 AM »
a picture is what we are looking for.... try your recipe but make the dough using techniques on this site...autolyse, slow rise in fridge...make pie, take pics...post pics...then we will all have a taste...good luck

Offline shahed

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 07:00:11 AM »
ok i guess your right, ill get back to ya's 2morrow

Offline varasano

• Seeking perfection
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 09:59:14 AM »
When you say thin crust do you mean crisp like a flat bread? There are some recipes like that here. I think there's a link on the home page.

If you are just interested in a thin but soft NY or Neopolitan pie, click over to my detailed page by clicking on the blue globe under my name on the left.

Jeff

Offline MTPIZZA

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 10:42:51 AM »
Varasano...I clicked on the blue globe and saw those great shots of your pies...and the wow shots of the dough along with those pretty friends of yours....pizza parties do attract the opposite sex!!

Offline shahed

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 08:02:31 PM »
ok i made the dough today and it was pretty good but the crust wasnt floppy at all. Now the person that i made it for said he really liked it but would prefer it to be alot thiker. Now he initally asked for a thin crust but what the heck. So im back to the drawing board and im thinking of baking something in between your(varasano) thin crust and a deep dish. Here in the UK you cant really sell thin crust's in a fastfood joint, cos people complain about not getting full and at athe same time deep dishes are bad mouthed. Which is why im going for the obvious route, down the middle. Some thing like the italian pan at pizza hut, in terms of debth.  As for the floppy base well mine was crispy as hell, im gonna have to work on that...lol

i know im not giving you much info to work with hear but my plan is to get a few pics of the oven and more info on the material i have to work with. But for now all i can gather is that the oven is a brick electical oven and my thin crust took about 6mins to bake. This time needs to be improved if my bases are to be thicker, but im  not used to the oven yet. As for the flour i think it was Farina Tipo 00. It seemed very strong to me, but then again i didnt have any plain flour at hand today.. Now ill try and get more for yas tommorow, we were really busy tonight and i didnt really have time to mess around with recipe's.

and thanks for all your help guys its much appreciated.

Also if it was upto me id sell your pizza's all day varsano, nice job...

pizzapan