Author Topic: Shakeys pizza & some tips  (Read 75516 times)

Offline amiart

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Shakeys pizza & some tips
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2014, 12:53:14 AM »
MMMM nothing like a Birthday at Shakey's!! When the one in Greenbelt, MD went out we bought the player piano..

Man those were good times with good pizza - right down to the goofey hats.

Wonder why the thin crust is almost lost to time?

Circa 1972?

Thin crust is/was lost to time because it would take a million pieces to feel like you had a meal.  Round Table has resorted to super thin crusts recently.. I like it pretty well but I think it completely rips off the customer of substance..  If they are giving less pizza they should be charging less..

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »
Thin crust is/was lost to time because it would take a million pieces to feel like you had a meal.  Round Table has resorted to super thin crusts recently.. I like it pretty well but I think it completely rips off the customer of substance..  If they are giving less pizza they should be charging less..
That reasoning is so wrong in so many ways.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline amiart

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2014, 02:15:11 PM »
That reasoning is so wrong in so many ways.

No.. its not at all.. if it takes a whole pizza to fill a person the a family of four will need to buy 2 or 3 pizzas.. if one pizza fills a family of four then it costs them less $.....  It is NOT bad reasoning.. your always being pissy about my treads.. grow up.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2014, 10:58:31 PM »
No.. its not at all.. if it takes a whole pizza to fill a person the a family of four will need to buy 2 or 3 pizzas.. if one pizza fills a family of four then it costs them less $.....  It is NOT bad reasoning.. your always being pissy about my treads.. grow up.
Dough is an inexpensive ingredient, right?

So by your reasoning.....if I sell you a plain cheese 12in pie that weighs 5lbs and tastes like %$# for $10 {and only costs me $2 to make}......you would much prefer that and feel "uncheated" over , say, a world class tasting Craig pie that weighs less than a pound{and costs me $5 to make} for the same 10 bucks?

Also, you don't need to use derogatory words in a condescending manner towards me....how "grown up" is that man?   ::)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"