Until about a week ago, I was baking at 500 for 12 minutes on the pan, followed by another 2 minutes directly on the stone. Then I started baking for 10 minutes on the pan, followed by another 2 minutes directly on the stone.
Here's one thing I realized today, which I probably should have realized a week ago: The shorter bake time is not working. The shorter bake time is what's causing my recent crusts not to bubble how they normally bubble. (They're still bubbling, but not until I transfer the pizza to the stone.) Also, as a result of the shorter bake time, it has been difficult for me to get the pizza off the pan. Then it just doesn't finish quite right once I finally get it off the pan and onto the stone.
Still, tonight's pizza was good; much better than the last two pizzas, but nowhere near as good as the pizza from three days ago.
It's amazing how much difference there is between a crust with 48% hydration and a crust with 50% hydration. I'm probably not gonna go any lower than 50% until my wrist heals because it's been really hard for me to roll the dough, even at 50%. (After a couple days to think about it, I'm still pretty sure I broke something in there, but I still don't feel like it's bad enough to bother getting an x-ray.) I really want to try 49%, but it's gonna have to wait.
With the decrease in yeast for this batch, it seemed like today's dough probably wasn't quite ready to use. So I'm very curious to see how tomorrow's dough will work out. My prediction is that it will be really good.
I'm dying to make one of these pizzas in the grill, which I've never done. I'm not going to do it tomorrow, though, because I want to see how today's dough will work after another day in the same baking conditions.
As you can see in Pic 2, I moved the lower oven rack to the bottom position in the oven, which is where I baked for the first 10 minutes.