I decided to give your recipe (or at least my variation of it) a try this weekend. I'll give my step by step work flow that I put together based on my understanding of your technique. Any corrections or suggestions for improvement are welcomed.
Taking this as your latest dough recipe:
This will make 2 15" pizzas
Flour (100%): 822.55 g | 29.01 oz | 1.81 lbs <------- uses Pillsbury AP bleached flour
Water (43%): 353.7 g | 12.48 oz | 0.78 lbs
IDY (1.15%): 9.46 g | 0.33 oz | 0.02 lbs | 3.14 tsp | 1.05 tbsp
Salt (1.5%): 12.34 g | 0.44 oz | 0.03 lbs | 2.21 tsp | 0.74 tbsp
Sugar (1%): 8.23 g | 0.29 oz | 0.02 lbs | 2.06 tsp | 0.69 tbsp
Shortening (5%): 41.13 g | 1.45 oz | 0.09 lbs | 10.29 tsp | 3.43 tbsp
Total (151.65%): 1247.4 g | 44 oz | 2.75 lbs | TF = N/A
Single Ball: 311.85 g | 11 oz | 0.69 lbs
I modified it slightly to use non-diastatic malt powder (pic 1) instead of sugar and I changed this amount from 1% to 2% because I wanted to give myself a chance to perhaps taste it and I wanted to be sure there was plenty of food for the microbes to do their thing. I also added a bit of Dry Non-Fat Milk (pic 2) because you said this crust was maybe a little too crunchy, and I added a little garlic romano seasoning because I find it gives dough that "pizza parlor" smell and taste. With these changes made I came up with this formula:
Flour (100%): 827.6 g | 29.19 oz | 1.82 lbs <---- used KABF
Water (43%): 355.87 g | 12.55 oz | 0.78 lbs
IDY (1.15%): 9.52 g | 0.34 oz | 0.02 lbs | 3.16 tsp | 1.05 tbsp
Salt (1.5%): 12.41 g | 0.44 oz | 0.03 lbs | 2.22 tsp | 0.74 tbsp
Dry Non-Fat Milk (.25%): 2.07 g | 0.07 oz | 0 lbs | 1.44 tsp | 0.48 tbsp
Non-Diastatic Malt Powder (2%): 16.55 g | 0.58 oz | 0.04 lbs | 0.66 tsp | 0.22 tbsp
Shortening (5%): 41.38 g | 1.46 oz | 0.09 lbs | 10.36 tsp | 3.45 tbsp
Durkee Garlic Romano Sprinkle (1.25%): 10.35 g | 0.36 oz | 0.02 lbs | 2.97 tsp | 0.99 tbsp
Total (154.15%): 1275.75 g | 45 oz | 2.81 lbs | TF = N/A
Single Ball: 318.94 g | 11.25 oz | 0.7 lbs
Oh and I used KABF instead of AP flour because it was all I had in the cupboard besides All Trumps and Caputo.
I first measured all the flour, salt, DNFM, malt powder, and garlic romano seasoning and added them to the mixing bowl (pic 3). I used a whisk to combine these ingredients and then removed about 8 oz of this powder mixture from the bowl using a measuring cup. (I like to withhold some of the flour upon initial mix to prevent it from flying everywhere when I turn on the mixer. ) Next I added my IDY to 356g of warm water and, after stirring, poured all of the water into the mixing bowl.
Upon adding the water, I could tell right away that my dough was too dry. I know this is a low hydration dough, but this dough was too scrappy and a lot of the flour wasn't combining. Living at a high altitude and in a very dry climate, I am used to my flour being too dry, and I often have to add a few "palm-fulls" of water to dough recipes. So I added 1 table spoon of water and let this mix in, then I turned off the mixer for a 10 minute rest. (pic 4) Next I added the shortening along with the withheld flour mixture and seeing it was still too dry, added another tablespoon of water. I felt the dough looked about right at this point (pic 5) and removed it from the bowl. Total mix time was about 9 minutes (+ the 10 minute rest) at speed 2 on my KA mixer.
Next I weighed the dough and found it weighed 43.65 oz. (pic 6) -- pretty close to my target of 45 oz. I then divided the bulk dough into 4 dough balls, each weighing about 10.9 oz. (pic 7) Once divided, I took each dough ball individually and rolled them out to about 13 or 14 inches in diameter. (pic eight) I was glad to discover that the dough was not very sticky and I wouldn't have needed any additional bench flour.