Author Topic: Bosch UP + All Trumps + Dough Mate = Amazing dough!!  (Read 3588 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Bosch UP + All Trumps + Dough Mate = Amazing dough!!
« on: December 06, 2010, 09:09:02 AM »
As you know, I got he Bosch so I wanted to report my findings. SAME as everyone else! This thing really works great!! Many Thanks to Scott R who gave us the recipe on his Bosch Video thread. I scaled it back a bit to
1800 G all trumps
1080 G AT flour (new rest. depot card !!)
45 G salt
18 G oil
very light 3/4 tsp IDY
20 min rest with all goods 1/2 flour
finished dough ball was 1892 G and 79 degrees. Another plus of the Bosch  like 0 residual loss.
9 dough balls and 1 for the helper!
7 min mix time then right into garage in the 46degree garage for bulk rise 16hrs.
Then balled @ 325- @350 G and into my new  "Dough Mate Artisan containers" (which I found on this site) then back into garage for another 12 hrs. balled rise.  These containers are great 6 in one perfect I bagged 3 for freezer
then- 5 hrs at room temp. based on activity I guessed at room temp. time, and think I nailed it.

Whala the most workable best dough I have made to date !
The pizza were incredible I will post later on NY style.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:26:19 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Bosch UP + All Trumps + Dough Mate = Amazing dough!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 09:15:01 AM »
and here is pre bake after room temp rise. Each ball spread out beautifully . I was able to get a very nice 14" pie from each ball Kudos to the Dough Mate container easy to handle fits in Garage (and fridge if needed ) no sticking and just the right size for home or work.
Perfecto!
PS 6 +1 pizzas is too much for 6 people, no matter how much fun your having

also all pics with phone cam do not do pie justice
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:37:10 AM by JConk007 »

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 10:07:26 AM »
Nice job Jconk.  Dough and pizza looks great.  Im glad you are happy with your recent acquisition.  8)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:56:29 AM »
Thanks Jackie!
Not sure what you are using to proof but these boxes this scraper gizmo from www.doughmate.com  really worked out nice!
and they make em in NJ !
John

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 12:05:45 PM »
Those do look nice, but unfortunately I don't make enough pizza to warrant owning it.  I'm using tuperware containers a la Verasano.  :-D

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 12:18:59 PM »
I wish I could exercise some restraint!! >:D
"Lovin the leftover!!"
I have no idea why I waited so long to get the Bosch?
your posts pushed me over the edge, and I thank you!!
John
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 12:20:45 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 01:32:03 PM »
Glad they were helpful.   :D

Chau

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 10:10:23 PM »
Great reading!

I'm hoping I can purchase the Bosch myself soon,after the Holidays are over.Been putting off getting any type of mixer for a long time.Glad to hear another positive spin about it.
 :D

-Bill

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 07:48:00 AM »
Its a nice addition. Jackie Chan and ScottR pushed me over the edge. with the pics and vids,
0 residual waste! easy clean, great mix blah blah ... for the price , got for it!
John

Offline DonC

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 06:49:19 PM »
I also love the Bosch we recently purchased,my choice was influenced by reading Jackie's thread and other comments here.Thanks everyone!!!!
We've got 2 loaves worth of Swedish Limpa bread doing it's initial rise rite now for our family Christmas dinner here.I'm so glad we didn't buy another KA,our 325watt model just didn't hold up.It died after 3 or 4 yrs of making Christmas cookies once a yr and a single pizza dough batch or bread once or twice a month.
 My wife's made cookies and frosting several times and is amazed at how quickly and well it works.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 07:14:58 PM »
Im so glad everyones liking the bosch and the recipe!   just made up a batch of 75%, and another at 60% hydration using harvest king.  both with 12 hour poolish.   Hopefully my luck will be as good as yours Jconk
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:16:33 PM by scott r »

buceriasdon

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 07:27:35 PM »
I too will be having a friend who is driving down from the states bring me back one. I have been avidly following these threads on the Bosch.
Thank you, Don
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 07:29:06 PM by buceriasdon »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 09:39:57 PM »
Thanks Scott,
But what you do here is not luck its years of endless testing and experimentation. I am anxious to see the 75%? and I also am interested in trying the poolish pie. Where can I find more info on that technique? I have a resturant depot membership now so access to a lot of different flours I would like to experiment also with but at 50lbs ea.? It could be a while. Wait, ok so  a 50lb bag is only $18 bucks!  Same price as a large pie from the local joint. I  guess if I dont like the flour I can just dump it. Waiting for the pics Scott  :D
Thanks for the help as allways
John
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:43:33 PM by JConk007 »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 10:04:27 PM »
while your at the depot...   make sure to check out their 00 flour.   Did you see it?   I was shocked to find house brand italian imported 00.   The roma foods 00 is every bit as good as caputo and san felice, so I have high hopes for this one.   Also does yours have poly-0 mozzarella?    Mine does and that cheese is so good.   Also RD is a great source for plugra butter, which tastes amazing.   It only comes around every once in a while, but if you see saporito special pack whole peeled tomatoes buy them!!   Not sure why, but my RD only had them for a few weeks.  They were on sale at $12 a case, and then they were all gone.   I don't own a camera, but ill try to borrow one for you when I bake them up.  I like the crispyness that a poolish adds, but I feel like it detracts a little from texture, and doesn't add all that much flavor.   I still favor wild yeast, but im having fun experimenting.   

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 12:10:58 PM »
Scott,
New bus reg is "Conklins Cucina" and I got my first gig cooking for a local stone supplier who is selling WFO now Doing grand opening in April and I will be there cooking pizza and getting paid $$ ? How cool is that !
Thanks for all the RD tips I saw that flour $25 for 25 KG! Yes Polly O block, shredded  all of them... I like the Stella mozz.for indoor oven as well $1.87 lb,  shop rite is $7.99 lb for the same !!  I like many of the Supremo Italiano "store Brand" items I am using their salt and EVOO daily. also the Isabella plum $3.58 for a #10 can were very impressive!
I posted it a while back but is this the 00 FLOUR  you speak of ? I can only get Caputo in the 1Kg pkg so I am will to try it hey its only $25 and thats a heck of a lot of pizzas.  :pizza: The caputo is great but its marketed heavy here now,  so thats what makes the reviews and boards here.  I will post results on this flour going to grab a bag they only had about 4 bags available  compared to 4 pallets of all trumps bromated!
John
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:25:22 PM by JConk007 »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 08:20:04 PM »
yeah, thats the stuff.    Its probably amazing.    The roma 00 and san felice OO, while having slightly different characteristics than caputo, are pretty much right in the same ballpark.   I would be just as happy opening a pizzeria with any of them.   

"how cool is that?" is right!   I am so happy for you.   Nothing wrong with a night of pizzamaking to get you out of the rut of your nomal day job.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:22:06 PM by scott r »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2011, 07:37:33 AM »
Thanks again Scott!
I will grab a bag before its gone! The flour should last til spring in the mambo tupperware container I bought there right?
John

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 11:54:50 AM »
yeah, you'll get at least a few months out of it, if not more.    been lovin the depot.    Believe it or not the house brand cheese is the cheese of sally's in new haven, so not too shabby.  Just got a whole angus tenderloin for new years,   you definitely need to try that!   11 bucks a pound, and oh my.   The angus makes a big difference.   

pizzapan