Author Topic: 41" low dome WFO build  (Read 15775 times)

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Re: 41" low dome WFO build
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2011, 06:50:33 PM »
The firebrick walls cleared in about 2.5 hours.  I think the refractory helped alot.  I cooked all 6 dough balls, 3 with the rest during mixing and 3 with the straight "add the flour" over the course of 10 minutes mixing.  Caputo Pizzeria, 61% hydration, .2% ADY. 8 hours bulk room temp, balled and refered 16 hours, 4 hour warmup.  They look much better than the last cook.  I gave the best looking one (last picture) to the neighbor.  She rated it above the Grimaldi's chain restaurant. :-D  And I did use the Luigi's sauce formulation that Essen1 and Peter are working on...  The first two pictures show the difference between flame and no flame in my oven.
I had trouble getting them off the sheet that I proofed them on, and my placing technique still sucks.  I absolutely love Muenster cheese on these pizzas, I am going to stop using the Oaxaca for awhile.  Thanks for looking. :chef:
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Online Ev

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2011, 10:05:44 AM »
Those pizzas look great! Is that a hole in the first one? >:D I hate when that happens. :-D

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2011, 10:37:16 AM »
Those pizzas look great! Is that a hole in the first one? >:D I hate when that happens. :-D

Good eye Steve, yes burned a hole right through it.  And one more pizza from the same bake I forgot to post a picture of.  Thanks for everyone's help on the forum, without it, who knows what my pizzas might still look like. :-D

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2011, 08:15:43 AM »
All but one pizza has nice color.was the second pizza cooked without the flame? Nice looking pizzas. The sauce you mention can you leed me to the thread?

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2011, 09:56:14 AM »
Great looking pies Gene. Been there done that with the pie hole. Next time, slide the piece of ham over a little and nobody will ever know.  ;)

CL
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2011, 10:10:41 AM »
All but one pizza has nice color.was the second pizza cooked without the flame? Nice looking pizzas. The sauce you mention can you leed me to the thread?

Thank you.  Yes, no flame on the second pizza.  Here is the link to the Luigi's clone sause that Essen1 and Peter are working on. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,14928.msg154647.html#msg154647

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2011, 10:13:33 AM »
Great looking pies Gene. Been there done that with the pie hole. Next time, slide the piece of ham over a little and nobody will ever know.  ;)

CL

Thanks Craig, checks in the mail. :-D

pizzapan