Author Topic: my latest pizza  (Read 32320 times)

parallei

Re: my latest pizza
« Reply #300 on: April 01, 2012, 06:24:56 PM »
but i wasent happy with crust.

I wish we lived closer to each other Michael, you could send your rejects over to my house..... ;D

Best,

Paul

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #301 on: April 02, 2012, 10:20:54 AM »
Yes my friend, i wish also to live in america:)
michael

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #302 on: April 02, 2012, 09:55:57 PM »
Sorry you weren't happy with them - I know the feeling. Notwithstanding, they look pro-level from here!

CL
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #303 on: April 03, 2012, 04:28:06 AM »
They very good and very tasty but the crust. I want to get high and airy crust.
Yesterday i had to make pizza just for the sake of crust.
9 hours dough and i understand that know how to control more the 8-9 hours dough, anspd the ovenspring that lost in my 24 hours dough is because the dough breakdown and i need to change the balling time and to lower the hydration like chau recomended. In the last 54% pizza i got real high crust.
I can manage to change that. No problem, its a learning and trying procces.
But what troubles me is how can i get the airy crust, i want it to be very very airy like i never got before.
The thing is that right now the pies i make are very thin, i keep the size the same and i lowerd the balls wheigh from 420gr to 320gr. Because the pizzas are thiner Every thing cooks faster i can get welldone pizza in 2:30 minute with leopard spots as you can see. So this changes everything!
I am very happy with the pies craig and thank you for saying that and paul also thank you.
Every one loves it here even my wifes family say that they never ate this kind if pizza, they used to ask me all the time why i make changes? And now they stop they understand that i am learning and evolve acorrding to the procces. I got them to like more thin pizza(before they like the pizza hut kind)
So thats leaves me only with the airy and melt in mouth crust that i look for...
Dont get me wrong i had very good crusts until now but i want the best! I want the crust that can be eaten easiely with not even single chew more!
I want to understand how to control the crust outcome and not getting results without understanding why its good or less good. What i need to do to change it, maybe to mix by hand...i dont know.

michael

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #304 on: April 03, 2012, 07:56:16 AM »
Michael - I love the look of the crust you got on your most recent pies. And I completely understand your drive to keep experimenting! My first suggestion might be to reduce or eliminate the sugar at this hydration and length of fermentation time. Second, you might develop your dough a bit more during mixing. I have no doubt you will get your goals using this workflow. Others may have suggestions as well.

FYI, the black spots are the result of full fermentation.

John

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #305 on: April 03, 2012, 09:31:39 AM »
Michael - I love the look of the crust you got on your most recent pies. And I completely understand your drive to keep experimenting! My first suggestion might be to reduce or eliminate the sugar at this hydration and length of fermentation time. Second, you might develop your dough a bit more during mixing. I have no doubt you will get your goals using this workflow. Others may have suggestions as well.

FYI, the black spots are the result of full fermentation.

John
thank you john.
I am affraid that if i eliminate the sugar the pizza will have no color on the crust. I made pies with 1.5% and the crust hasd less color. But i will try with no sugar, i have to, now.
Could you please detail more about fermentation time? About developing the dough its a problem because i use food proccesor so maybe i need to switch to mixing by hand? Maybe someone can upload movie of hoe to mix by hand?
michael

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #306 on: April 03, 2012, 10:01:20 AM »
here are the photos from last night
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:15:24 AM by msheetrit »
michael

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #307 on: April 03, 2012, 11:41:18 AM »
Those pies look awesome - better than most of the pizza sold in the US for sure.
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #308 on: April 03, 2012, 05:44:39 PM »
Thank you craig
michael

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #309 on: April 04, 2012, 06:45:33 AM »
thank you john.
I am affraid that if i eliminate the sugar the pizza will have no color on the crust. I made pies with 1.5% and the crust hasd less color. But i will try with no sugar, i have to, now.
Could you please detail more about fermentation time? About developing the dough its a problem because i use food proccesor so maybe i need to switch to mixing by hand? Maybe someone can upload movie of hoe to mix by hand?

Michael - I have never used Caputo Red, so take my recommendations as such. But it might be interesting to keep the recipe exactly the same, excluding the sugar, and then do a stretch and fold at the half point during the bulk after mixing. Just stretch the dough and fold it onto itself, then a 1/4 turn, then repeat. Do it two more times. Then you are done. It might be interesting to see if the dough does not overproof, you get the oven spring, and the airy crust as well, just for experimentation sake. If not, we can explore other options - the first being Chau's recommendation to reduce the hydration.

John

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #310 on: April 04, 2012, 07:50:58 AM »
In the 8 hour dough there is no need to reduce the water and i will experiment in that first and if it will go ok then i will move forward to 24 hour.
Ok so i will do it and upload the result.
Thank you:)
michael

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #311 on: April 04, 2012, 03:02:45 PM »
In the 8 hour dough there is no need to reduce the water and i will experiment in that first and if it will go ok then i will move forward to 24 hour.
Ok so i will do it and upload the result.
Thank you:)

Your welcome Michael - I might keep the sugar for the 8 hour dough.

John

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #312 on: April 05, 2012, 12:12:34 AM »
Mmmm so i will go for 24 without sugar.
Maybe 55% hydration and the same formula without sugar and after how much time do you recomend strech and fold? And ball? Gently?
michael

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #313 on: April 05, 2012, 06:37:17 AM »
Mmmm so i will go for 24 without sugar.
Maybe 55% hydration and the same formula without sugar and after how much time do you recomend strech and fold? And ball? Gently?

You can so a stretch/fold 1 hour into the bulk.

John

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2012, 06:06:21 PM »
well... after 2 weeks i am back !
we had a holyday called pesah, in pesah we dont eat bread and so... not that i am into it but it wasent a good time to make pizza...
so i am back and after all of you guys recomended and couple more thing that i learned yesterday from a chef how gave me a lesson about dough and sour dough :)
i made pizza tonight!
so that was the first time without using sugar in the dough and getting colorfull crust!!

100% red bag caputo
0.6% fresh yeast
0.3% salt
60% water

so what i did diferently?...
after finishing mixing in the f.prossecor i took the dough to the counter and gave it press and fold with my body wheigh couple minutes until it was hard then rest 30 min and again and another 30min rest and in this point the gluten net was pretty good i must say:)
(this i never had before and i never really understood it from seeing it on live from real person so i thank the chef micky kent that thought me how to do it)
than balled. and rise for 7 hours.

i had to degass the dough and balled it again because it was too high so i balled it and another hour rise in warm 40cl oven(turned on 40cl 2 min and off before placing the box into it)
and...
i reached to open into skin the dough was great very elastic and i could work with it freely...
but somthing was obviosly was too much i dont know what but i was opening and it waslitle bit hard and it shrinked back... i hate when this happens!
the pizza baked 3:20 great color with black leopard spot and great taste.
cool ovenspring and great crumb.
but it was litle bit chewy, it was really better then before and i feel that i made 2 steps forword but still
i want to achieve the best and the best it less chewy crust.
its not the crumb its just the crust and it seem to appear after 5 minutes not if you eat the pizza while its hot.
so what do you think ? what should i do to win it ?
and i wasent aiming this time for very thin pizza so please dont pay attention to thickness factor.

i will upload tommarow post abous the lesson that micky gave me about feeling the dough, sour dough, bread...i am felling a sleep on the keyboard:) good night.
leave a reply i will read it in the morning ( its 1 am here)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:11:25 PM by msheetrit »
michael

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #315 on: April 17, 2012, 06:31:19 PM »
well this post was made by a sleeping man :)
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18767.msg183195.html#msg183195
here is the link to the post of the bread
michael

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #316 on: April 22, 2012, 04:47:19 PM »
well john thank you
i made every thing as before but after hour i gave it strech and fold into the bulk but gentle. after 1 hour again.
and it was very very good. great oven spring and not to chewy good good good.

9 hour dough witout any sugar.
michael

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #317 on: April 22, 2012, 08:19:25 PM »
well john thank you
i made every thing as before but after hour i gave it strech and fold into the bulk but gentle. after 1 hour again.
and it was very very good. great oven spring and not to chewy good good good.

9 hour dough witout any sugar.

That is a beautiful pizza Michael. Your pies have a signature look to them - masterful.

John

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2012, 04:05:57 AM »
 :)
michael

Offline SinoChef

• Not delivery ha ....OMG you.... Digiornoed me
« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2012, 07:58:41 AM »

Yep, thanks msheetrit, for such a pretty, pretty thread to look at!

pizzapan