Author Topic: my latest pizza  (Read 40542 times)

Pizza01

Re: my latest pizza
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »
bought bunch of stuff for pizza making
digital scale, it start from 1 gram. its ok for me now. it cost about 25$
large and medium stainless steel bowls, pizza tray,  large plastic boxes, plastic card to scope and scrape the dough and devide into ball. grater at the size of 4 cm :) for garlic, measuring jug for water and 4.5 liter glass jur for storing 2.5 flour.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:45:22 PM by msheetrit »

Offline JConk007

• Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 08:59:26 AM »
HI, Like you I started buyin "pizza Gear"  and could not stop ! My wife thought I had lost it differnt bickets and Pans coming in the mail every day! Then even cheese from Penn mac my first 5 lb bag I got a real look for that  ??? I was hooked !  Great thread and som great looking pies . I did not see anywhere (maybe missed it) what type of mixer you are using. Keep posting!
John
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:01:15 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Pizza01

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2011, 05:10:22 PM »
its funny you bring the mixer subject now, i was just planing to write about it after what happened today.
so, yesterday i learned on my flash for the first time what is the meaning " the more learn the less you know" i thinked i knew, but after reading 5 hours in the forum many topics and thread i realise i havent knew anything at all.
i dont have mixer, i have food proccesor with dough plastic padle that spin on the centre of it.
so the basic of my dough development was wrong from the start, thats why i threw a way today dough that was fermenting since last night. and made new using the right amount and the procces to develop dough.
understanding the dough that was it.
all the pizzas that i have been posting were diferent from one to another because i dident understand the basics. and every time somthing happened i dident knew why the dough is diferent every time for the best or for the wrost.
when i have food proccesor with dough paddle that spin on its centre it is not a mixer, so the procces should be diferent and should be finished by hand kneading.
and when i dident had scale to weight stuff the formula was not accurate. for example.
if i put in the mixture 100% flour, 70% water, and after its done i want to reball it and put a litel flour and more litel and more litel and it come to half cup of flour then its not 70% water and what it does to the furmola?... it changes thing, everything from the amount salt to the amount yeast.

so from now on everything is with right amount on the scale by the gram.
first basic fact: since i dont have mixer i needed to put half cup of flour from the amount that gows into the dough a side from the mixture and when every was ready with the yeast, water, flour and every thing mixed toghter that is when my job started.
i poured every thing into large stainless steel bowl and kneaded by hand for almost 10 minutes the dough adding almost every 10 seconds 1 tsp from the rest of the flour that was left a side in a cup.
and thats it! the dough development was perfect. first time i knew what i was doing.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:28:53 PM by msheetrit »

Pizza01

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2011, 06:01:47 PM »
today pizza using a scale for formula and 10 minute kneading the dough by hand after mixing it in the food proccesor.
bread flour (100%)       | 500 gr  | 16.9   oz    |  1.10 lbs
water (60%)                | 300 gr  | 10.14 oz    |  0.66 lbs
c.yeast (2%)                | 10 gr   |  0.33  oz    |  0.02 lbs
sugar (6%)                  | 30 gr    | 1.01  oz     | 0.06 lbs
sea salt (1.2%)            | 6 gr     |  0.20  oz    |  0.01 lbs
olive oil  (0.4%)           | 2 gr     |   0.06  oz   |  0.00 lbs      0.5 tsp
total  (169.6%)            |848 gr   |  28.67 oz   |  1.86 lbs
puted the 450 gr flour into the bowl, dissolved the yeast in warm water (43cl, cup water from the whole amount)
added the yeast to the dough, the rest of the water and sugar, after 30 sec the salt and oil mixed togther ant let it rest 5 minutes. poured into bowl kneaded by hand and the rest of the flour. let the dough rest in oiled bowl covered with neylon for 1 hour. devided the dough into tow balls. making the ball using jackie tran method after seeing in hes you tube video traping the air inside. leted the dough rest and rise for another hour. preheat the like every time i do. uper a bit the stone from lowest rack to one above.
made the skin and this time with extra care not touching the rim, could realy feel the air pushing into the rim. with palm of my hand not with the fingers tips. using the minimum flour bench as i learen from reading bill sfnm on slice and after my wife said why there is white flour all over the crust the last pie i made.
making the skin took very long time because i did it very slow i wanted even skin with beautiful crumb. understanding the basic and learning them is more importent for me now then every thing. my marble is not very easy to work and open dough on it so i transfer the skin onto floured baking paper which i found it very cool to use to rotate the skin while streching the skin close to the rim expending its size to 140% and getting the skin i was aiming for.
puted the sauce evenly on it, you can see the sauce i made using only fresh ingridians and nothing from a cann here
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12820.0.html
then tuna from a cann drain the oil, on it spreaded lots of cheder cheeze and mozz. my wife is right about tuna under cheeze is much better it doesent dry out.
first pie: half green olives, fresh mushrooms
second pie: mushrooms, tomatoes, and sweet corn from a cann.
i tried to absorb as much as i can liquids from toppin before puting them by puting them on paper towel.
and here are the pictures.
best pizza i ever made no doubt this time, whole family agreed with me.
the first one with the olive was better, the second one was litet overcooked and the balance between cheeze and crust has vailted because the cheeze was in the fridge between making the second after the first.
so, because i wanted to cook the cheeze more the crust and bottem wat litel overcooked. i had no idea what difrence 10 minute in the fridge will do to cheeze. well... allways learning.
the first pizza was amazing. and lots of bubles in both of them :) just like we love, crust flofy and soft not chewy, bottem litel bit creaspy, just a litel bit.
i want to thank all of you special poeple that make this forum what it is.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 06:30:30 PM by msheetrit »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2011, 06:51:02 PM »
Michael,

Great looking pizzas!  ;D  You really did a good job.  I really like your nice airy crust.

Norma

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2011, 06:57:29 PM »
You are now a certified addict.  Congrats!

Offline chickenparm

• In Memoriam
  • Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2011, 11:22:18 PM »
Wow those look great! I love the look and color of the rim rise,the nice brown on the outside of the rim and bottom of the slices.

Great Job!
 :pizza:
-Bill

Offline Jet_deck

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2011, 11:32:44 PM »
Excellent looking pizza.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Pizza01

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 03:36:30 PM »
thank you everybody for all your good words. :D

ill think i try to lower to sugar 3% and if it will go ok then the plan is more 1% with good color dough, that is what i want to get, low sugar.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:47:38 PM by msheetrit »

Pizza01

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2011, 03:32:14 PM »
100% flour
60% water
1.2 % salt
1% sugar
0.085% cake yeast
2% oil
made tow pizza's,
the dough was fermented at room temp at 19-22 cl degrees, for 17 hours and then made tow balls from it, each ball  450 gram. the balls rested for another 4 hours total 21 hours.
i want to thank member forum dellavecchia for his clone of keste pizza dough and for all his help.
john, thank you very much :).
the pizza was great, best i ever made, every thing was perfect. flofy crust very tasty perfect color.
one thing that was missimg (just as you said john) litel bit more salt needed, next time i going to use 2-2.5% salt instead of 1.2%.
you guys can see also about the formula and this pizza dough at
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12606.msg125209.html#msg125209
from reply #56 at john's thread.
i want to thank also member forum pete-zza for all his help, you can read more about it and how i made this dough in my food proccesor at reply #3
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,12877.msg125021.html#msg125021
thank you very much peter :).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 04:47:30 PM by msheetrit »

Offline plainslicer

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2011, 03:45:24 PM »
Wow, great job on those pizzas.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2011, 04:10:58 PM »
Michael,

I am glad things worked out well for you.

Peter

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2011, 04:27:01 PM »
That is stunning pizza Michael! Congrats, you are a natural.

John

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2011, 05:51:17 PM »
Your kiddo's face says it all!

Craig
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2011, 06:46:41 PM »
Michael,

What a beautiful pies  :) Your pizza making skills really progressed fast!

Great job.

Norma

Pizza01

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2011, 05:09:27 PM »
thank you every one  :D

Pizza01

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2011, 01:45:05 PM »
here's are my latest pie's all the family were here and enjoyed it  :chef:
3 pizza's
all with the same toppin with the formula i learned from member forum dellavecchia - jhon on the keste clone thread
john i uper the salt as you can see to 2% and the fermenring time was great, just like you said.
thank you  :D
its realy good.
100% bf
60% cold water
2% salt
1% sugar
2% oil
0.085 cy
fermrnting in  room temp 24 hours 65-69f, form balls and another 4 hours total 28 hours.
on top: 2 pizza tuna on top, 1 pizza tuna under sauce.
fresh shempenion and portabela that were fried with just litel bit olive oil and after that drained all liquids from them.
green peper that was fried dry that way it absorbed the taste of fire.
mozz cheeze.
my sauce: fresh red and very soft tomatoes that was cooked with fried fresh garlic in olive oil, with fried on low flame grated onion in olive oil and sugar.
all with fresh bazil and fresh oragano added with litel white wine with moscato spices, salt, peper litel bit butter all that in big heavy pot on low flame for 7-8 hour until it reached the right consisty for pizza. the tomatoes was pilled and were with no shell was choped in blender in pulses, i dident drained the liquid, every thing was there they just evaporated in the cooking procces. i made the sauce from 6kg tomatoes i keep some in the fridge for next pie's to come and some in the freez.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 01:57:08 PM by msheetrit »

Pizza01

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »
here's more
yoy can see the tomatoes filling my sink and picture of the sauce.  :chef:

Offline StrayBullet

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2011, 02:57:23 PM »
Those look amazing, I think you really nailed it!

Mark

Pizza01

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »
thank you mark for saying that. i feel i almost there :D

Offline jonesyb

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »
Pizza01, I have been following your threads since I joined on here and I'm very impressed with what you're doing.

Pizza01

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2011, 05:16:55 PM »
jonesyb, thank for saying that. it is realy good thing to hear from member  :).

Offline chickenparm

• In Memoriam
  • Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2011, 12:32:10 AM »
You get better all the time! Your pies look GREAT!
I love the toppings you put on them as well.
 :chef:
-Bill

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2011, 07:46:21 AM »
Michael,

Your pizzas look great!  :) Your crust and crumb look amazing.

Norma

Pizza01

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2011, 08:29:04 AM »
thank you very much norma and bill for all your good word. they were very tasty lots of air holes.

pizzapan