Author Topic: my latest pizza  (Read 32408 times)

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
Re: my latest pizza
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 01:34:22 AM »
Sorry about using slang. By saying it passed my eyeball test I was just complimenting the look of your pizza.  ;D

Yes,that slang or word use is very common around here in the USA...it can have a few meanings though,depending on what the event is...It can be used in both good or bad events or situations.It is meant to say you liked to look or stare at it in most cases.Sometimes,it may have a negative meaning.Some examples,

It is sometimes called eyeballing instead of eyeball.You can give someone a bad,nasty look and they might say,"He is eyeballing me!"
It means you were being stared at by someone's eyes in a way it made you uncomfortable.

It can also have a middle effect...not bad but not good either,in between.Example,"As I was driving my car,and parked it,there was a Police Officer in the parking lot that kept eyeballing my car as I was driving."
The police kept watching,making you feel uneasy but nothing bad was done or wrong done by you.

Or you can say it Positive,like,"I loved the way it looked,I could not stop eyeballing it." meaning it looked great and you could not help but keep looking or staring at it.

As Jever stated,it passed the "eyeball test" means it looked very nice or good and like he said,a compliment.

I know you guys over there have your own Hebrew slangs like this,so I'm sure it will make sense and I'm not trying to insult your intelligence in any way,even if I explained too much here! I tend to babble and talk too much at times!
 :)
-Bill

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 02:05:31 PM »
jever4321 there is no need to be sorry i love the using of slang and now after chickenparm explain it so good.
i learned also what is eyeball at something becide the eyeball test  :)

Tscarborough - thanks for the quick answer, i will do that.

look what i bought today, it will be very usefull to pizza making and eating.
yesterday the pizza was glowd to the stone and if i had it maybe the hole was smaller.
and maybe if had this chain plate (i dont know whats it called)
maybe the hole would never happens.
but it doesent matter now, thing happens.
so i have a question should i place this skin on this plate put it on the stone in the oven and about couple of minutes take it out
and leave the pizza on the stone?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:33:54 PM by msheetrit »
michael

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 03:00:13 PM »
You can do it either way.  I leave it on for half the cook time, then remove it.  It is called a "screen".

Google translated it " המסך".
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 03:02:23 PM by Tscarborough »

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 03:34:08 PM »
Michael,

There are many ways to use a pizza screen, especially if you also have a pizza stone. I don't recall what kind of oven you have, but I discussed several possibilities at Reply 45 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,2223.msg20965.html#msg20965.

Peter

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 11:28:04 PM »
Tscarborough  ;D hebrow
המסך is the screen
just as it sound
pizza screen or tv screen, but you cant call it screen in hebrow because in hebrow its not that. thats why i forgot how it called in english, i remember now this ward for that but because we dont use it in hebrow.
in hebrow it called מגש רשת
מגש- plate or palete somthing, and רשת can be chain, network or even basketball net.
thank you.

peter as writen in the thread you have been more than helpfull. i am still thinking about "oven within an oven"
and it makes me wonder... once i place the stone in the middle rack of the oven or at the lower rack it cames out diferently.
now i am thinking to take a picture of my oven, write the mode's of it and post it here. that way we all together figure what is the best way to bake pizza in it.

michael
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 08:54:52 AM by msheetrit »
michael

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 11:33:05 PM »
LOL, that translates back as "Network Tray".  My Friend from Israel is coming over for pizza tomorrow night, I will clarify with him.

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 04:51:41 PM »
so after 2 pizza's destroyed, i will not use this so called italian flour ever again!
even with the pizza screen the pizza was completely glow to the screen.
at first i thought i need to clean the stone. so i cleaned it.
but this Specific flour made whole mess last time and this time.
i made pizza today, i used pizza sauce called olivia, cuted the cheder and mozzarella into cubes.
the pizza was very beautiful.
but... this is the artist in soul who did that, the one who always trying to make everything symmetrical and beautiful.
i learned art and i make airbrush painting and graphic designs.
but not everything that is beautiful is good!!!
i am going back to the shtibel flour, parmesan and mozzarella cheeze, chopped tomatoes and not the olivia sauce, and not cube cheeze!
once i have found the one pizza i was looking for i need to stick with it.
because that was what i have been searching for at the first place.
as i was saying before and dident did that i hope i'll do it from now on. no more changes.
michael.

cleaning the stone
and the pizza that went into the oven and came out to the trash
michael

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »
shabat shalom everybody from israel
Questions:
1-last night i puted 2 balls of dough in the fridg, today i took them out. the dough had sour smell, is it normal?
i have noticed every 5 or 6 hours approximately the balls has double and triple it size,
and it wasn't ball anymore it was mutation! even in the fridg they continue to rize and rize, one time i wanted to look in the box...
the cover of the box open with pressure of air actually flyed into my face, 1 meter high!
i thought when i puted the balls in the fridg that after 1 night it will double it size, but wont become monster that continue to rize and rize.
2- maybe because i made pizza in my parents oven although i took my stone i couldn't gain color. maybe that because i have not used it for baking pizza, i felt like the dough refuses to be baked.
usually the pies i make are from fresh dough without using of fridg, maybe that related to that?
i wasn't happy at all with the result, in fact i was disappointed and my wife also.
that was the first time i make pizza to my parents and the dough was how to say "not very good".
thats too bad that this how they taste my pie at the first time.
the sauce and topin was excellent i cuted back a bit on the ingredient as Tscarborough recommended, thanks man! that was very good idea!
first time using peproni - it is great.
from now on i am stoping using pizza screen before i used it was easier for me, and the bottem came out just right. what i cant say after using the screen. maybe it is good for pizzeria oven, but i dont think it has use for baking on stone. especially after i learned the famuse pizza toss into the stone. :)
dont pay attention to the oven tray in the picture i used it for serving only, the pizza baked directly on the stone.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 08:18:44 PM by msheetrit »
michael

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2010, 05:19:48 PM »
hellow everybody
since last night i spent about 10 hours in the forum, the pie i made yesterday has take out the fighter in me.
i decided today i will made the best pie i can make!
after reading in versanos website about how to make pie light and with air holes. so i make it like this:
the dough was spilling from the mixer, it was liquid. i reshape it with litel bit of flour but from the inside it was sticky. 1 to 1 like versano said...
i let it rest about 20 minute and then it look too slopy and sticky so i knead it with a litel more flour for 10 sec, then it was just right. after 80 minute it was ready and about 70% rise.
versano wrote that most people think that if they add more yeast then the proof will be highier and air holes, but they are wrong. and i was also wrong.
the more liquid in the and less flour, the dough will be softer and it would be easy to rise. but i am sure that there are many of you who knows that. but i dident.
so i let it rise near the oven while is heating for the max. i preheat the oven for 80 minutes and dident open it at all.
i set the skin with my feasts on the handle aiming for the famous pizza toss for the first time, 2 days ago i made sauce after reading here that after 12 hours in the fridg the sauce taste better (i dont remember your name but thanks, you were right). mozzarella and parmesan between 100-150 gr,fresh mushroom as always, green fresh peper not hot, half peperoni and half anshobi. before dressing the skin i mix 2 tb e.v olive oil with sauce.
and off to toss the pie...
i try to move it and it hasent move...at this point i was begening to be afraid that all my work is going to the trash, but then i remember seeing on utube de marco from difara and somthing magical happen and the pie flow perfectly directly into to center of the stone, which in this point was the center of the world ;D
when the [ie was ready i let it cool on the pizza screen (finaly found a need for it)
here some picture.
it was clearly the best, very crispy. again versano was right! light with big air holes.
13 inch, and we enjoyed it with a glass of red wine.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 05:46:55 PM by msheetrit »
michael

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2010, 05:20:48 PM »
more photos
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 05:27:58 PM by msheetrit »
michael

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »
Very nice pizza!  Many people are afraid of high hydration dough for some reason.  Maybe they think they need to be able to toss the dough in the air or something.  My Grandmother always made it the same way no matter what she was making, not soupy, but plenty wet, and for some things, like biscuits, she would tighten it up on the bench.  The raw dough was ALWAYS wet through the ferment, though.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 06:50:07 PM »
Msheetrit, you are making improvements with every pizza you make.   The cheese browning on these latest pies are better than your first pies in this thread.   I remember you saying...."from now on no more experimenting with pizza. i have found my Unique taste, the one i was looking for".

Honestly you sound like someone who is addicted to making pizza.   :-D  Don't worry as you are among people who understand your illness.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,10723.0.html

msheetrit.  I like the look of the crust in reply #13, especially the last picture of the crumb.  Were these latest crusts you made even better? 

Chau

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 07:17:23 PM »
thanks Tscarborough
Jackie Tran  :-D i baked the last one after diner! i thoght is just me :-D
i have more photos of pies i baked, but i dident post them before, because in the last 2 and half month i make pizza almost every day and when i dont, i call dominus. i was shy, i dident know that are more poeple like me :-\
i am addicted  :D
and yes the last one had the best crumb somtimes it cant shown on photos.
omg, i laughed my azz off when i saw your thread, a parallel univers to mine.
and peter analyzed it perfectly as always
thank for the link man  ;D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 07:19:25 PM by msheetrit »
michael

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2010, 07:52:27 PM »
You making pizza almost everyday and then Dominos on your off day? Your illness is much more advance than mine.   ;D  I'm a pizza hut kind of guy. 

keep up the good work Micheal.

Chau

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2010, 05:25:08 AM »
me too, theres no pizza hut in our city.
Today i wont make pizza.i am starting rehab.
michael

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 04:49:45 PM »
after pizza making failed i allways the day after make another one.
so today i made pie and let the dough rise outside for 80 minutes, yesterday i let it rise for 6 hours and thats what faild me.
the sauce was fresh tomatoes grated with fresh bazil and oragano, salt and peper.
next time i will cook it a litel bit. today i havent, i used it just like that with olive oil.
68% water
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1tsp idy 1tsp sugar.
i dident sprinkeld on the olive oil while its rising, i sprinkeld it with flour.
the dough had perfect smell and it was so soft.  my wife dont love too crispy so i dident live it more inside the oven.

michael

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 08:16:17 PM »
Looks like a delicious pizza to me.

Offline Mikee

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 10:31:02 PM »
Lots of good looking pizza in this post. There is no such thing as the 'perfect pizza'. Once you get a great pie, you look on how to improve it.

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2011, 08:52:02 PM »
my latest pie
same recipe for the dough +another tsp sugar this time.  that for the dough.
first blend, 15 minutes rest, reshaping into ball, raisen out side near the oven while its heating 80 minutes.
73% water.
sauce recipe:
grated tomatoes (drained 70% fluids)
2tbs tomatoes paste
sugar, sea salt, peper, garlic powder, moscat nut, dry oragano, moscato wine, olive oil
heated on low flame 10 minute until its boiled.
cheeze: hard mozzarela italian style 350 gram(lots of cheeze)|
topping: veal pepproni(very expensive), portabbelo mushroom, green peper, greek black big olives
instead of using the pizza screen i used baking paper to toss the pizza into the oven after 2 minute pulled the paper out and the pie baked on the stone, (because of lots of fluids in the dough couldent toss it into the oven without paper or screen, too heavy to move) baked it one reck above the lowest one. i have found this is the best level for coloration of the crust and that way the cheeze want get burned. just need to turn it 180 or the crust will be darker on one side only.
when the pie was ready took paper towel to absorb liquids from top of the pie. while the pie was hot outside sprinkled it with grated parmesan cheeze. 
my wife loves once in a while sesame on the crust, so before baking the pizza sprinkled on it(with no egg!!)
the pie was very good.
to avoid too much browning of the cheeze on the pie it was in the fridg just before i grated her my self and puted on the after the sauce.
but next time i will iet it out 15 minute before for the sake of the balance crust/cheeze.
to much color on the crust. need just liltel bit lezz.
13inch.
was very good, soft pie, great sauce, clean sweet and fresh with neutral taste just what i was aiming for. the taste between fresh and cooked. lots  of mozzarela cheeze. very soft crust and not drey at all.
the olive had very good taste i must say.
here are some photos dear friends. i handled the photos with extra care for you to see it very good  :)

« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:49:45 PM by msheetrit »
michael

Offline msheetrit

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2011, 08:53:10 PM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 12:50:18 PM by msheetrit »
michael

pizzapan