Author Topic: need help making or storing pizza dough for my small pizzeria  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: need help making or storing pizza dough for my small pizzeria
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 07:58:42 PM »
LOL.

You guys are too much  :-D.

Peter

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »
Well Doctor Peter, I don't quite know how to say this, I'm kinda at a loss for words but, well, um, ah, I'm just not getting the rise I used to get. At my age I never thought, ah, um you know....... this would happen. Give it to me straight Doctor, I can handle it. Is there something I can do? I'm losing sleep at night, why oh why won't it rise? My wife leaves the crust on the plate.......she never used to do that. Can my marriage and blissful pizza making be saved?
Signed, I'm Not Getting the Rise I Used to Get

Don,

Have you tried "Pieagra"? Worked wonders for me.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

buceriasdon

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 08:21:10 PM »
Mike, Is that by volume or weight, and do you have to wait long for it to "ahem" take effect?
Signed, I'm Not Getting the Rise I Used To Get

Don,

Have you tried "Pieagra"? Worked wonders for me.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:24:26 PM by buceriasdon »

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
    • The Hobby Cook
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 08:24:51 PM »
Mike, Is that by volume or weight, and do you have to wait long for it to "ahem" take effect?
Signed, I'm Not Getting the Rise I Used To

The effect, you know...the fluffy-puffy one, is instant but may cause flushing in your wife's face upon visual.

Have Doc Peter write you a prescription.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

http://thehobbycook.blogspot.com/

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 09:46:51 PM »
May be thats whats making my dough not so good. so anyways, here is my problem. we make dough on the machine, cut 'em to their weight and put them in the crates with 6 on each and put them in the walk in right after. but everytime we try to use them they are already dried out on the corners, they don't stretch, and they dont' even taste as good as a result, i am getting frustrated making pizzas.

Unless there is some PMing going on, you might want to address the mixing (We make dough on the machine...they don't stretch) OR low hydration, storage (we try to use them they are already dried out on the corners) and retarding (and they don't even taste as good...)
I'm a huge believer in change only one thing at a time, so the formulation certainly needs an oil change.
Good luck, Still.

Offline still

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2011, 06:23:43 PM »
hey i have yet to thank you guys for your help. My dough is looking great now and making pizza has been a lot of fun. Thanks again guys. I might have to ask you to give me good pizza sauce recipe though and also what cheese is good for pizzas? i mix sorento and grande cheese. thanks again all.