Author Topic: Topping Preparation List?  (Read 690 times)

Offline Jim Diggy

• I Love Pizza!
Topping Preparation List?
« on: January 10, 2016, 12:51:08 PM »
     Recently, I have been adding vegetables to my pies and have noticed that my cheese becomes "creamy" after the cook.  I assume the "creamy" result was from a the water cooking out of the vegetables.  I have been cooking pies for a couple years now but have never really added veggies since my family is mostly carnivorous and carb-nivorous.  After some experimenting I solved the issue by grilling a few of the toppings.

After researching within this forum, I have found lots of great discussions on topping prep.  However, after hours of reading I only compiled a list of a few preferred methods.   
     My question is:  Is there a thread or chart, thread, or link somewhere that lists each individual veggie / meat ingredient and the preferred method of preparing?  I fully understand that topping prep is a personal choice, but am looking for a chart similiar to the Burke portions guide that shows the most preferred method for each topping.  fully cooked, partially cooked, grilled, smoked, sautéed, raw, pickled, sliced thin, sliced thick, cut long, diced, etc is only the tip of the iceberg.  If a chart like this does not exist, do the members of this forum feel this chart would be helpful if I were to attempt to create one from the forums preferences?         
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 12:53:09 PM by Jim Diggy »

Offline DeanS

• Pizza Esistenzialista
Re: Topping Preparation List?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 10:36:45 AM »
This sounds like an excellent chart for you to build yourself. If I experimented with different toppings more, I might want to myself. I recommend that you build a chart based on your experience/information you gather here and elsewhere, and modify it as you test it. I would love to see that/use it as a resource, too!

Offline Giggliato

Re: Topping Preparation List?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 09:10:41 AM »
That would be kind of neat. Are you still interested in building such a chart?