Author Topic: does the brick oven have a higher gas bill than a deck or conveyor?  (Read 1508 times)

Offline fresh

I just bought a pizza shop and it has a brick oven.  I am contemplating removing it and buying a conveyor or blodgett instead only because I am "hearing" that the monthly gas bill is a lot higher for the brick oven.

Is this true? How much of a difference is it?
And can somebody give me quotes on how much they're gas bills are with brick ovens?

THANK YOU

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Re: does the brick oven have a higher gas bill than a deck or conveyor?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
There are probably true operaters here that will answer your questions more precisely, but until then, Woodstone Ovens has a comparison chart of the two types.  I have been looking at their site to get some questions answered for my own build. This may be enough info to get started with.  Good luck.

http://www.woodstone-corp.com/comparisons.htm

>>>Edit>>>Excuse me I didn't see that your brick oven was gas fired.  Are you in the south somewhere, can I come get it, is it removable?  Thank you.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:09:01 PM by Jet_deck »
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
Just to be clear...ANY oven, regardless of heat source, is considered a brick oven, IF the oven is lined with bricks of some sort.  The bottom ISN'T steel, to be used with a panned pizza.  A deck oven is a brick oven.

Offline Warren Montney

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 02:11:06 AM »
conveyors save a lot on gas if you are using 4 decks and have a gas bill of around 600 two conveyors will drop it to around 400. this is do largely to the fact that that you fire them up 5 minutes before you open and turn them off at night.if you only have one deck oven your gas savings will be minimal

pizzapan