Author Topic: Les' Sebastopol "Sweet" Pizza  (Read 41802 times)

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Les' Sebastopol "Sweet" Pizza
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »
Thank you for the kind words, I am happy someone gave it a try.  Pete predicted it was too labor intensive for most to attempt, but I've since found ways to do the same thing much more efficiently.  I will try to post those amendments.

Les,

I have made your sauce so many times with my tomatoes from my garden this past summer.  I would rate your sauce as the very best, whether for pizza, pasta, or even a sauce for sausage or meatballs.  I congratulate you on your posting this fine sauce!  ;D  Even when your sauce is defrosted from the freezer, it still tastes great.

I don't think your method is hard at all.  

I will be anxious to see your new amendments, when you have time to post them.  :)

Thanks,

Norma
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:12:13 PM by norma427 »

Offline fireman117

Re: Les' Sebastopol "Sweet" Pizza
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 06:20:47 PM »
Les,

Just found this thread while looking for a sauce recipie. So much to explore here!

Your sauce looks incredible, and I'm going to give it a try. It's been a real weak spot for me. I can't seem to get right. But, I've suspected there is anise, or maybe fennel? in some of the local pizza joints sauce that I like around here. THAT, might be the missing link!

I don't have a food mill, is there another common kitchen utensil like a colander that might work for straining?

I'll let you all know how it comes out. And when I get a little better at this I'll try the crust. Your whole pie looks great but one thing at a time.

Thanks,
Eric