Author Topic: Antonio Starita at Keste  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Matthew

Antonio Starita at Keste
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:56:40 PM »
I received this email from Rosario & thought that I would share it.

Dear Friends,
Happy New Year !!!

I wanted to write you to let you know of a unique event for all pizza lovers that will take place at Keste next week.

Once agin Maestro Pizzaiolo Antonio Starita, fourth generation Pizzaiolo and owner of "Pizzeria Starita a Materdei" in Napoli will be in NY for a short period of time and will find the time to visit us at Keste.

"Don Antonio" will stop by at Keste and work side by side with our pizzaioli on Thursday January 13th starting at 5PM.
His presence is guaranteed at least until 7PM.

It will be a unique opportunity to see 2 Maestri Pizzaioli, Antonio Starita and our own Roberto Caporuscio,  working Side by Side and to taste their delicious creations.
We all remember last year visit from Don Antonio and the wonderful creation he introduced, the Pizza Sorrentina.
A white Pizza topped with Smoked mozzarella, Lemon and Basil which became a signature pizza last summer at Keste.

Please follow the link right below to see some picture from last year appearance.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/03/antonio-starita-makes-pizza-at-keste-pizza-and-vino-one-night-only.html?ref=related

What is he going to introduce this year?
We are all looking forward to a unique evening !!!

Antonio Starita is the 4th Generation owner and pizzaiolo of "Pizzeria Starita a Materdei" in Napoli.
Pizzeria Starita was first opened in 1901 and is today one of the oldest and most known pizzeria in Napoli.
Antonio Starita had the honor to make pizza for Pope Jean Paul II in the year 2000

Roberto Caporuscio is partner and pizzaiolo at Keste Pizzeria in NYC he also  also serves as USA delegate for Associazione Pizzaiuoli Napoletani

Ciao,
Rosario Procino

Offline pizzablogger

Re: Antonio Starita at Keste
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:15:53 AM »
Thanks for the update !

It was last year that Starita made pizza with whole lemon slices on it. Delicious...I copped that big time for my home pizzas, dubbed the Starita Limon in his honor.

Go check this out if you can!
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell